Letter from Harley Davidson to Amsoil Re:SYN OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the link on the Amsoil corporate page to a letter from Lisa Sagen of Harley Davidson about oil and warranty. For anyone who has not read a HD owner manual it does not say you need to use any certain spec oil. It suggests, but does not give direct instructions for API SL etc. like many car manuals do.

Where? I don't see it.

Disregard! Found a link in the article "Why Harley Owners Chose Amsoil"

[ June 03, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Professor ]

Note HD motor company now recommends their own brand of Synthetic oil made under contract and called "screamin Eagle synthetic Motorcycle lubricant SYN3 " because it can be used in engine ,transmission, and primary.

AMerican Iron magazine may 2003 has the article that one of my customers sent me.

Interesting to me that after years of resistance about syns that they now build their own for HD and Buell bikes! Hey if Harleys name is on it it must be good
pat.gif

At over $8 per quart that stuff will never see the inside of my bike's engine. I can save over $2 per quart & run Amsoil. Maybe Amsoil made a deal with Harley to make Amsoil look like a cheap, high quality alternative.
dunno.gif

Regardless, I will be running Schaeffer's in my bike very soon. I have 4 more quarts of Spectro Heavy Duty to use up (I will do an analysis & post it here)& then is a test on Schaeffer's - hopefully before it starts snowing. I plan on a few 1000 mile plus weekends so we should be able to see how it holds up. Hmm, only 3,500 miles to go for a Spectro analysis & 7,500 for Schaeffer's.
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back