Synthetic in new atv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon could I start using the amsoil 0w40 4stroke oil in my new 03 kodiak 450? I only have 10 miles and 5 hours on it now. At what miles or hours would I be able to use the synthetic?

thanks for the help

Most people who believe you should wait a bit before using synthetic would say something like 10-12 hours. That's all.

Do a search in this sub-section using "ATV" and other related words for more discussion on these machines and oil selection.

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by tmgxray:
How soon could I start using the amsoil 0w40 4stroke oil in my new 03 kodiak 450? I only have 10 miles and 5 hours on it now. At what miles or hours would I be able to use the synthetic?

thanks for the help

I would wait until the first scheduled oil change. Then do the switch. Unless you see that you have high oil consumption. Then I would go longer until it tapers off.

When i had my honda 300EX i was told it was broken in after 10 hours of usage. then to drain the oil after 10 hours. and to use whatever you wanted. i used mobil1 in my 1996 300EX, clutch Never slipped once. I used the mobil1 for 5 years in that quad, and when it was time to do the valve adjustments i was always shocked at how clean the inside of the engine always was

I threw the amsoil 0w-40 in my '03 prairie650 at 10 hours/110 miles. The quad loves it. I now have 1200 hard miles, and she's still running great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back