Kawasaki 80cc 2-stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone, this post is for my brother. He has a Kawasaki 80cc 2-stroke dirt bike. It used to be raced, that thing RIPS. Anyway, usually we put 10w-30 in the crank, should I be using a heavier oil? It gets changed often i guess you could say because oil leaks out through the drain plug. He takes it off-roading often in the summer, and its quite humid here in the summer.
Thanks guys

quote:

Originally posted by PontTransAm1978:
Hello Everyone, this post is for my brother. He has a Kawasaki 80cc 2-stroke dirt bike. It used to be raced, that thing RIPS. Anyway, usually we put 10w-30 in the crank, should I be using a heavier oil? It gets changed often i guess you could say because oil leaks out through the drain plug. He takes it off-roading often in the summer, and its quite humid here in the summer.
Thanks guys

You should be fine with the 10w30, what oil you using?

If he checks his manual, I think he'll find that he should not be running a motor oil in the transmission. The friction modifers can cause the clutch to slip. He would get better performance from the proper fluid. As for the leaking drain plug, is it just a bad gasket?

I think right now theres just some SuperTech 10w30, but its had other stuff. Nothing special.
We dont have an owners, so no go there. Do you have a reccomendation, something not too expensive, to put in there instead?
I think with the Drain Plug, it doesnt go up all the way for some reason, or it goes up all the way, and wont tighten. He has to keep some type of a container under it all the time.
Thanks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back