honda aquatrax f12x turbo jetski

Status
Not open for further replies.
tooslick told me to buy locally, so im going to buy the amsoil 10w40 locally at the harley dealership. Im just going to use the stock honda oil filter(think its made by toyo roki).

quote:

Originally posted by HOndaGuy:
tooslick told me to buy locally, so im going to buy the amsoil 10w40 locally at the harley dealership.

Ya if your not buying at least a case, it's not worth it. Shipping is expensive on lower wieght items. With a case your getting about $.33/lb. A case is 25lbs so your only paying $8.25 to ship. This is $.66 per quart, not bad at all. But on 4 quarts, your price per quart would be almost $2/qt for shipping.

Anyhow just to let you know, you can mix match cases as well. 4 quarts of this 4 quarts of that 3 quarts of this. Get my drift. Also make sure you add in your filters for it.

Hope this helps.

ok, a guy on my pwc board says he swears by golden spectro. What oil is better and more shear stable, amsoil 10w40 or golden spectro 5w40?

Golden Spectro is over rated. The tests I've seen showed you'd be better off using Honda oil.

You are not going to find the latest or the last test online. You have to pay for the paper subscription or believe people like me who have to get the info.

However, don't feel like you're missing much. The tests are so poorly conducted that IMO any 10th grader with average skills and no interest in the scientific process could produce a better product. Their work is pathetic.

Reading a spec sheet would be more informative.

Hondaguy,

The Amsoil 10w-40 is the better oil, but I'd recommend you buy it locally rather than from me. I've been working to get more retail outlets to carry Amsoil and I like to refer local customers to one of these places. People just seem to think a product has a lot more credibility if it's sold in a retail outlet, even if the folks actually selling it know very little about synthetic lubes.

Just to confuse things, you could also run the Amsoil 0w-40, "four stroke" synthetic, which has been formulated specifically for these applications. I think the new Polaris engines call for a 0w-40 for example.

TooSlick

true, i could, but i think with having my turbo and having a wot at 6200-6600 rpms, i think ill stick with the 10w40. Im not going to go 20w50 because 10w40 is enough protection, and the oil gets changed every 50 hrs, so i don't think its going to shear down in that little of time.

alright guys, i need some clarification for my dad because he is worried to use synthetic bc my uncle talks a bunch of bs about how it leaks through all seals. I told him that the newer synthetics will not hurt the seals or anything, and being the jetskis seals are just over 100 hrs, i say they are pretty fresh still. Could I have some clarification of why its safer and better to use synthetic in this turboski for clarification?

HondaGuy, that used to be true in certain applications ... DECADES AGO.

rolleyes.gif

But, those stories persist ... even though the entire industry is heading towards some form of "synthetic." Old timer's objections are still hard to overcome.
frown.gif

Best of luck ...
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

Tooslick, can you comment on the difference between the 0w-40 4stroke oil and the 10w-40? I have been running the 0w-40 in my atv for the last 110 hours with no complaints. Just curious.

Hondaguy, if I were you, i'd run the 0w-40. Why not have a wider spectrum of protection, especially during wetsuit weather? I'm curious to hear what the difference is in the additive packages etc between the two. In my atv I've changed the oil at 50 hours and it still looks brand new, not even a hint of black. The amsoil filter that is interchangeable with the m1-110 is the smf-103. I've been running that as well. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back