6 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember seeing this article posted here. Interesting concept, I'd like to see additional development if it's a viable option.

The 6 Stroke Engine

Huuuuuuuumm, a working model and doesn't violate scientific laws. Could he be on to something? Run the camshaft at 1/3 instead of half the crank speed. Rust? What about all the talk of ceramics and plastics in the engine?

If we can make hybrids work, why not this?

I have often thought what would happen if you injected water into the exhaust Before the Turbo?
would the water flashing into steam create more power at the turbo charger?

made by the owner of www.crower.com
them and Schneider are the cam guys in San Diego

Aren't cylnder walls usually covered in oil?
Does water injection cause engines to rust?
Now I could see water being bad for the deisel injector...

Is there a system there to condense the water vapor and recycle?

Water vapor is the primary cause of "global warming" (note the careful use of scare quotes), overwhelming the contribution of CO2.

Just saying.

keith, yes, it overwhelms CO2. But water is a positive feedback loop (more heat, more water vapour), we should be careful of tickling that particular loop (although increased cloud increases albido).

BTW, the climate change facility I work at emits 36,000 tonnes of CO2 a day, and 100,000 tonnes of water vapour (cooling towers). Not to mention the 6GW of waste heat, and the 2.3GW of electricity that ultimately ends up as heat that must be radiated out into space.

As to the 6 stroke engine, I can see how a liquid to vapour transition could give a little more oomph from a given charge. I don't think that recompressing the expanded working medium is the sensible way of going about it 'though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back