HELP! Yellow orange spot appeared in carpet after cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a 16 y.o. you have some strange concerns. Hope my kids turn out the same way
smile.gif

keep the rug on top of the carpet and dont worry... after 15 years, there are much nastier things living ang growing in your carpet than a yellow-orange stain.

The cleaners denying responsibility is exactly why I cat stand and dont trust so many of those kinds of businesses, and would much rather DIY, when possible...

Id venture to guess thatperhaps something metallic was underneath, rusted and the 'rust' leached through during some stage of the cleaning, leaving a mark.

JMH

Rust - that was my first thought after reading the title.

The same thing can happen when you use a grinder wearing a white shirt, then launder the shirt.

This can also happen when light colored carpet comes in contact with a high concentration of chlorine. A friend of mine attempted to use Clorox Cleanup to remove a pet stain from his champaign colored carpet, and the carpet turned reddish-orange in the entire area he cleaned.

quote:

Originally posted by CBDFrontier06:
This can also happen when light colored carpet comes in contact with a high concentration of chlorine. A friend of mine attempted to use Clorox Cleanup to remove a pet stain from his champaign colored carpet, and the carpet turned reddish-orange in the entire area he cleaned.

That must be it. Perhaps the carpet cleaning detergent contained a high concentration of chlorine.

I do recall him pretreating that spot with a shot of something...so along with the normal solution, it was a bit too much? There were a few other spots in the house he pretreated as well that had no issues though.
confused.gif

Pablo, you'll have to see it to understand how nasty it looks. After all, may be I got what I paid for...$75 to clean 1700 or so sq. ft that people normally charge $200 to do.
tongue.gif

Call me cheap.
wink.gif

You said that there was a small throw rug on that spot? Did it by chance have a rubber or foam backing? An old foam backed rug would cause that kind of stain.

Yesterday, we had the carpet cleaned at our home by a local professional carpet steam cleaning company for $75. This morning, while vacuuming the carpet, there was a circular spot, about 1.5’ in diameter, which has turned completely yellow orange. The carpet cleaners denied any responsibility, claiming that it was caused by some foreign material already in the carpet, and the cleaning caused it to expose itself?

It doesn’t bother me that much, as the area is normally covered by a rug, but any ideas on the cause?

Thanks.

PS: My carpet is white, well as white as it can be after 15 yrs of usage.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back