North Korea launches missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim Jong Il's doo isn't looking so good in that shot. What? He was hoping to take the shuttle down? Interrupt the World Cup?

What's up with that guy's brain? Take him out or ignore him. No middle ground.

I think he was just saying, "See? I'll shoot some missiles if I want to."
Scuds aren't the ones everyone was concerned about.
Either this is him trying to save a little face, or testing the waters to see the reaction.

I wish we could just destroy him and his pathetic government. That guy is one sick puppy.

I'm sure that we would if it would be cheaper. I'd have no problem with it ..but he's too darn close to other stuff and probably still too good chums with the Chinese.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
I'm sure that we would if it would be cheaper. I'd have no problem with it ..but he's too darn close to other stuff and probably still too good chums with the Chinese.

There's some old saying that says something like you can tell a lot about a person by the company he/she keeps.

Kim has short man complex times 100. The Chinese keep him around as their pet toothless dog. He's loud and barks a lot but is basically powerless without his master.

IMO we can ignore him and we'll be better off. They'll swat him down long before he bites anyone and leaves a mark...

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:

The Chinese I don't think would raise a finger if we took him out. But who wants to take the chance.

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:
The Chinese keep him around as their pet toothless dog. He's loud and barks a lot but is basically powerless without his master.

Hahahahaahy. Good point. Problem though is that he could lob a nuke into S.K.
frown.gif

Well, looks like the world is bursting at the seams ...or perhaps we should say that many systems are strained and on the brink of collapse. This is when this sorta stuff occurs. Much too much to juggle in an orderly manner.

Isn't there a plague or something of that nature due real soon
confused.gif
That would reset the doomsday clock if we could just have a billion or two less people to give a purpose to
dunno.gif

I bought a new 4th horseman T shirt a few weeks ago.

Last one went for 10 years before being relegated to dipstick duty.

I think this one will too.

It's a big blow to the N.K.s that the missile was a dud.
To discount them in the future is foolish, however.
They are serious, and they, or someone they sell them to, will want to use them for offensive purposes.

The Russians say that a total of 10 missiles was launched by NK.
source

NORAD acknowledges 7 launches per breaking news at this time.

I should hope that all of the countries that supplied them with Nukular technologies are hanging their heads in shame about now.

What would have been a much better outcome would have been two succesful launches yesterday: one of the Teapodong and one of our missle defense system, which apparently was at the ready. Apparently most of the other missiles were scuds??
lol.gif

Will we wait until he is successful and launches an armed missile that hits the intended target?

I say we take him at his word and preemptively act accordingly. We now know (and knew already) where his launch sites are. They are easy targets for us to wipe out.

At best, the UN will threaten NK the way they threatened Saddam, and we all know how successful that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back