Having a bear of a time ironing my shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
K_r.......sprintman is going to come over to Holland, MI and slap you silly.
twak.gif

P.B. (father was RCAF)

quote:

Originally posted by Korean_redneck:
You can easily iron on top of a flat bed. YOu don't need to use corners. My uniforms are crisp, especially with Starch.

One time I was ironing the flap on the dress white polyester cracker jack top, with the iron turned up too hot, and it melted. Yeah, turned into a white gooey liquid that stuck to the iron.

Thank *** for the $0.99 cleaners around the corner from my house.

Last time I tired to iron (it was also the first time), it took me 20 minutes to do one shirt that still looked crappy.

In an hour, I could do, say, three shirts.

My time is woth more to me than the $2.97/hour that I'd save.

quote:

Originally posted by robbobster:
Thank *** for the $0.99 cleaners around the corner from my house.

***?!

I'm pretty much the opposite of religious and occasionally make fun of my religious friends
wink.gif
, but to censor the word "G O D" is just lame. This isn't a public school, this isn't Congress or some other (self-)federal group that supposedly represents the entire country.

This is a message board of almost all males, mostly white (I'm Asian), and probably mostly Republican (I'm independent). To censor that word just doesn't make sense given the context. I usually defend poltical correctness as I feel it has its merits in certain situations, but this blows my mind!

Back on topic-- can I take my home-machine washed shirts to a dry cleaner to have them just iron them? Will they do that? I don't like dry cleaning cotton shirts.

really? thanks for the warning.

Tell you the truth, I've been in for 5 years or something like that and I only worn those once. I just let the Dry Cleaners clean them and iron them.

The automatic censor doesn't know if you're saying *** respectfully or not.
dunno.gif
So it just lowers the hammer on everyone.

Yeah, I used a lowercase "g" but I can respect the moderator's reasoning.

quote:

Originally posted by DaveInLA:
Back on topic-- can I take my home-machine washed shirts to a dry cleaner to have them just iron them? Will they do that? I don't like dry cleaning cotton shirts.

You can probably do that, but I can't imagine they'd cut the price for you.

The 99-cent cleaners by me, that's for laundering and ironing. Dry-cleaning costs more. Like you, I don't like dry cleaning my cottons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back