Kendall GT-1 2014 Versa Note 1.6L 10K

Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 Versa Note 1.6L engine, 10k all highway miles, 35 mile trips, hyper miling(3mpg over EPA est.), running some V-Power gasoline, ran through the summer months, and a new air filter, New NAPA Gold oil filter.

These engines are known to be hard on oil. Sump holds 3 and 3/4 u.s. quarts. Timing chain driven, also engines are known to have defective rod bearings, engines tend to piston slap.... Typical Nissan problems.

I am relieved!

......The results look positive!!!!!
grin.gif

Last edited:
Looks really good even though the add pack numbers of the oil look pretty weak.
There are those who'd say that the wear metals numbers in a UOA are meaningless, but I think that the particle sizes measured are a viable surrogate for wear.
As an idiot (your words in another thread) I'd say that this engine appears to be wearing well and it would likely do the same on any number of other oils.
Maybe these cars and their engines aren't as awful as they are portrayed to be?

To clarify, I'm running the Synthetic Blend 5w-30, OCI occured during 56,000 and 66,050 miles. Oil was turning dark.

Last edited:
These have defective rod bearings? What made you choose this car knowing that, or did you not know at the time of purchase. Report looks great!

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
To clarify, I'm running the Synthetic Blend 5w-30, OCI occured during 56,000 and 66,050 miles. Oil was turning dark.

Very nice. I just took a sample of some MC 0w20 syn-blend after 9500 miles. Hope it looks as good as your report. Even if it's a little worse I'll be happy. Have a nice evening gentlemen!

Originally Posted By: buster
Great results. This is a great oil. Underrated.

Kendall is an under rated oil. It's not talked about much on BITOG,but then again most here prefer shopping @ Walmart for oil,etc.

Anyways,awsome report!

Good call there bigt. Only place I've seen Kendall GT-1 synthetic blend is at a truck stop off 64 east of Richmond. $4.50 a quart. I did buy some for the lady's Camry.

Last edited:
Firestone used to use Kendall syn-blend as part of their oil change. But now they use QS just like Walmart.

How long does it take usually for a turn around time to get the UOA results back? I sent a sample to Blackstone this morning first class mail with tracking. It says they should get the sample Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back