my Buick 03 lesabre has a flashing radio light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a nice 03 Buick lesabre with only 40,000 miles mint , well after driving and enjoying it now for 2 months , I now have a red flashing light left top side of my radio. however it still works and it does go off when I start the engine , what does this mean because I pulled out the manual and this is what I have ,can anyone tell me if this is something to worry about or is it a normal thing that was just delayed in happening for some unknown reason?

"When the ignition is turned off, the blinking red light indicates that THEFTLOCK is armed."

So it sounds like it's working normally. Maybe you just now noticed the light.

^ Correct, working as it is supposed to.

The Delco radios from the 90's let the driver program a PIN to activate Theftlock, the newer ones like yours are programmed with dealer scan tool - Tech 2.

It's normal. The theftlock mode is activated and there's a set code to unlock it if the radio loses power. The blinking light acts as a theft deterrent.
Make sure the radio codes written down somewhere though. If you disconnect the battery you may have to enter the radio code to unlock it. I would disable the theftlock function if theft isn't an issue in your area.

I just now walked out into the garage to look at the radio on my '00 Buick LeSabre. Sure enough, there's a flashing red light. I've had the car for 11 years and never noticed that before.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I just now walked out into the garage to look at the radio on my '00 Buick LeSabre. Sure enough, there's a flashing red light. I've had the car for 11 years and never noticed that before.
grin2.gif

Laugh !!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
^ Correct, working as it is supposed to.

The Delco radios from the 90's let the driver program a PIN to activate Theftlock, the newer ones like yours are programmed with dealer scan tool - Tech 2.

100% correct, VIN matched to the Instrument Panel Integration Module. No more silly codes like the 90s, just a trip to Mr. Goodwrench to change anything.

I am well acquainted with this setup in the LeSabre;

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4135290/Re:_Car_stereo_choices#Post4135290

http://www.a-body.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?25-Off-Topic/page2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back