BEST BROWSER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YMMV, but for me it's Chrome. It seems to render the fastest and I like exactly how it is set up out of the box. The only modification I make is to add the MicroBlock extension, everything else is perfect. It is safer to use on sites with Flash or Java content as it uses its own software for that. Every tab is given its own sandbox which increases security.

Don't bother with Safari unless you are running Mac OSX, the Windows version of Safari is unsupported.

If you are running Windows on low spec hardware [less than 4 GB RAM; and/or Pentium, Celeron or AMD A or E-series and/or 32 bit] Chrome will probably be too much of a resource hog since it opens a whole set of processes for each tab. In that case Firefox would be better. Try each to find out which you are more comfortable using.

Just set up your yahoo mail account in Outlook. Having a dedicated program is a lot better than browser based.

Chrome, hands down. I work on the IT Help Desk for a large company, way too many issues when people use browsers other than Chrome.

I use firefox mainly, but chrome's autofill for sweepstakes are legion.

Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
I would say Chrome

Me too.

I've used:

Google
Bing
FireFox

For me it is a tossup between Chrome and Firefox.

Off topic, the new Yahoo is absolutely terrible. I use their messenger, and they have a new required update that takes out all the functionality of the old one and adds new "features" that do nothing.

+1 on the new rendition of Yahoo mail. They set you up with the basic version which is terrible but, to get the advanced version, you need to get a browser other than IE. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
IE is not being supported...

It isn't? By who?

... and I need a new browser for my yahoo mail. Pick a good one: Chrome/Firefox/Safari/??? Thank you.. Ed Hayes

Install all of them and use whichever one tickles your fancy at any given time.

I downloaded Chrome, made it my default and still can't get to the new yahoo mail. Darn it all. Irritating when they take a working system and make useless changes. Now what? Ed

I downloaded Chrome, made it my default and still can't get to the new yahoo mail. Darn it all. Irritating when they take a working system and make useless changes. Now what? Ed

If it was me,I'd forget about Yahoo mail. There's plenty of other choices out there that work just fine with any browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back