Camry battery tested bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 2015 Camry, the memory was saved after I replaced the battery. I didn't need to do anything special to save it. It was great not having to reset the clock or radio stations or GPS addresses.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
On my 2015 Camry, the memory was saved after I replaced the battery. I didn't need to do anything special to save it. It was great not having to reset the clock or radio stations or GPS addresses.

Really?! No start up issues?
Thanks for the tip. We love the car.

If you do that, remember to have the key in the accessory position and everything off first. Almost on all Japanese cars, the cigarette lighter is not live with the key off.

Yes, I'd get the $48 battery. Walmart installs it for free. They also have a NOCO battery treatment service available for $3.50. They install the felt washers, clean the connections and spray it with protectant. The service is cheaper than buying the kit and diy. I had them do it to two cars recently that had gunk on the positive terminals. The washers have kept the gunk off the pos. term.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
I took it in to Oreillys and they tested it. I cant remember what the numbers were. The screen did say bad battery.
I forgot I had a small battery charger. I could use that to save the memory. Just need to be super careful not to touch anything.

Or take it to Sam's.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/energizer-12-volt-automotive-battery-group-size-24f/prod6780019.ip

Autozone or advance tested mine as replace also like 2 years ago...tested at Toyota and they told me its still good...

Yeah, saw that Maxx. My Walmart does not have auto service, but sell batteries.
CR does rate the 24F MAXX as recommended.
750 CCA's.

Taking it to AZ for a second opinion. The DL they have is the same battery as Walmart, just more expensive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Get the $48 Walmart battery, you live in the land of long car-battery life.

Maybe, we get hot but not like you do. Then we plunge below zero in the winter months.

Maybe, we get hot but not like you do. Then we plunge below zero in the winter months.

Batteries like the cold, but not the heat. The way I see it for me is, if I get 3 years out of O'Reilly's $150 battery and 2 years out of Walmarts $50 battery, I'm ahead.

Batteries like the cold, but not the heat. The way I see it for me is, if I get 3 years out of O'Reilly's $150 battery and 2 years out of Walmarts $50 battery, I'm ahead.

Yeah, the heat kills the battery. Now to decide which battery. That MAXX is tempting, though always gone with Superstart in the past.

No issues. Almost everything was like it was before. Only thing I had to reset was the dash illumination level

I missed the times Costco carried Kirkland labeled JC batteries for a nice price.
My Costco then had the prices go up, then carried fewer batteries, now batteries other than Kirkland labeled.
I've taken jump starters and hooked them up while disconnecting/connecting batteries for memory.

Last edited:

No issues. Almost everything was like it was before. Only thing I had to reset was the dash illumination level

Good to hear!

There is this battery from Batteries Plus.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/battery/car-and-truck/toyota/camry/2011/l4-2.5l-585cca/sli24fagmdp

Last edited:
If you doubt the part store tester, you can get a battery load tester from Harbor Freight for about $20.
Assuming there is a Harbor Freight store nearby.
It is analog but for some reason more accurate than the part store tester.

Found this, Has no mention of a memory saver.

http://www.toyota.com/toyota-owners-online-theme/pdf/BatteryHowToBroch.pdf
Point 5 has a interesting warning. Do not drop battery or it could explode. I take that to mean the case busting spilling acid everywhere.
Actually if the grids fail from the shock and short out then it could actually explode spraying everything with acid and throwing plastic around like shrapnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back