any reasons not to use cheap EBAY air filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jrvn
yes I got that,yes I am trying to save a few bucks, yes I joined this forum for analytic answers that I cannot do myself, if I send you a filter can you analyze it for me? its only $6 bucks and ship free to your house. Ill pay it

No I can't, which is why I buy OEM and don't cheap out on the most important filters on the car. The air I breathe, and the air my engine breathes. Actually, I don't cheap out on my car at all, because I depend on it.

You asked for opinions, and that is mine.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Anything remotely Chinese (or thought to be Chinese) gets bashed on this board. It's a waste of time to tell BITOG members you bought ANYTHING Chinese and it's a satisfactory product.

I buy and use only Chinese made Pronto oil, air, and cabin air filters from Rockauto. They're less than 1/3 the cost of any other product, and I have empirical evidence that proves everyone else is wasting their money on their favorite name brand.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: CKN
Anything remotely Chinese (or thought to be Chinese) gets bashed on this board. It's a waste of time to tell BITOG members you bought ANYTHING Chinese and it's a satisfactory product.

I buy and use only Chinese made Pronto oil, air, and cabin air filters from Rockauto. They're less than 1/3 the cost of any other product, and I have empirical evidence that proves everyone else is wasting their money on their favorite name brand.
10.gif
im with ya holmes

I yanked on the old PENTIUS air filter and it was sturdy.

It was fairly dirty but could have gone 10,000km longer for sure.

I cut the old PENTIUS up, and it was Synthtic media, I thought it was paper.

Cut it with a knife, and didn't look close to being full of dirt.

Yanked at where it was bonded, strong stuff.

Order Ecogard or PENTIUS with 100% confidence.

Originally Posted By: Falken
I yanked on the old PENTIUS air filter and it was sturdy.

It was fairly dirty but could have gone 10,000km longer for sure.

I cut the old PENTIUS up, and it was Synthtic media, I thought it was paper.

Cut it with a knife, and didn't look close to being full of dirt.

Yanked at where it was bonded, strong stuff.

Order Ecogard or PENTIUS with 100% confidence.
thumbsup2.gif
good job, when my no-name goes I will do an alien autopsy on it too and post findings, I got quite a few more miles to go and it seems to be filtering fine and holding up as good as OEM was,no dust/grit in intake tube

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: jrvn
yes I got that,yes I am trying to save a few bucks, yes I joined this forum for analytic answers that I cannot do myself, if I send you a filter can you analyze it for me? its only $6 bucks and ship free to your house. Ill pay it

No I can't, which is why I buy OEM and don't cheap out on the most important filters on the car. The air I breathe, and the air my engine breathes. Actually, I don't cheap out on my car at all, because I depend on it.

You asked for opinions, and that is mine.

agree

I was running a Chinese green paper filter and could tell that the engine had a hard time breathing. Never bought another one again.

How many here remember when Japanese products were considered junk?
Some aftermarket parts are better than OEM, like certain brake rotors.
But if you don't want to bother researching, OEM guarantees a certain level of quality.

The last filter I bought for my 63 Valiant was Mann via Amazon and it was made in Israel.

It amazed me that parts for 50 year old cars are available from all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back