filters and oem specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
do most of the oil filters meet oem specs? Warranty wise, I see Napa Gold(Wix) states that they meet warranty requirements. But I was wondering if some of the filters out there meet oem filtration specs, specifically Fram tough Guard and Ultra. I use these two filters most often on my buddies 1500 chevy and my grandmothers Accord. do they meet most manufacturers specs, filtration wise?

As most if not all OEM oil filters keep their filtration/efficiency rating proprietary, one won't find aftermarket filters claiming to meet or exceed oem specs in that respect.

Most reputable filter brands do claim to maintain the filter warranty and vehicle warranty (if in effect) for oci/fci intervals when used as vehicle recommended. That's the most one can expect when it comes to oil filters.

And, it seems that if one takes and accepts the few published data points out there for oem filters, that many of the reputable aftermarket filters with ISO ratings easily meet or exceed those efficiency rates.

And then there's the many made in China or Korea jobber tier filters that have no known/published efficiency specs, yet many are posted here with post use pics.

In short, no known oem efficiency spec I'm aware of that aftermarket oil filters must meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back