0w20 Castrol Edge...Sorta

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was one of my edge/magnatec blends this came from.Filter was replaced and topped back at around 50 percent OLM.I believe it was 3 magnatec to 1 edge all 0w20 with a hint of Lubegard Biotech added in to oil filter with castrol edge. I am rather happy as I had to have AEM replace two Dryflow filters that I found microscopic holes in,but I guess it didnt let the dirt in
smile.gif

2015 Civic Sedan Special Ed.
1.8 i vtec R18Z1
Miles on Oci 8,565
Miles on engine 34,893
Lab no. H73492
Report Date 8,26,2016
Make up .2qts during filter swap

Aluminium 9
Chromium 0
Iron 5
Copper 1
Lead 0
Tin 0
Molybdenum 66
Nickel 0
Manganese 1
Silver 0
Titanium 4
Potassium 1
Boron 53
Silicon 22
Calcium 1961
Magnesium 26
Phosphorus 644
Zinc 711
Barium 0

Sus Viscosity at 210F 54.1 (46-57) should be
cSt Viscosity at 100C 8.52 (6.0-9.7)
Flashpoint 400 >385
Fuel % Insoluble 0.2 Antifreeze 0.0 0.0
Water 0.0 >0.1

Notes-Both filtration systems are in good shape based on these results. Air filtration is gauged by silicon, and oil filtration is seen at insolubles.Wear metals line up nicely with universal averages ,which show typical wear after ~6,900 miles of oil use. These results show a happy and healthy engine,so your Civic looks great at nearly 35k miles! Something interesting..Did you know autonomous cars have to have a drivers license? Nevada was the first state to allow self-driving cars,issuing the dirst autonomous driving license.I wonder how that driving test went! -Samir

During this oil sample I also replaced CVT fluid and posted its uoa yesterday.

I dont know either. I won the pennzoil synthetic give away from Gena last week so I gave all I had of Magnatec to some college kid in a 12 or 13 Civic for free. Im going back to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum,plus I have a discount acct at napa to buy what shops get it and September PUP is 5.99qt,PP is 4.99qt with a 2.00 MIR.
Magnatec was cheap to run in 0w20 at 4.79qt,but i drive mostly highway so that not where it would be at its best.Stop and go is its thing. I will say I still feel more confidence in Castrol Magnatec or Edge over Valvoline,Napa Syn,or Supertech Syn.

How did you find microscopic holes in air filter? I'm curious to know what circumstances made you look at air filters under a microscope. Lol

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
I don't understand why Magnatec gets so much hype. Low calcium count, no mg = nothing special.

You're the first person on here I've seen who is able to predict the future performance of a motor oil based on a PDS or Blackstone VOA.

Where did you get this ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back