Formula Shell dino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a shout out to anyone running Formula Shell conventional oil I just wanted to say its good stuff! I just finished an oil change on moms Buick 3.8 V6 with 313,000 miles I started running it on Formula Shell 5w30 from 5,000 miles with either an AC Delco filter or a Fram ext guard changed every 5-6K I did a UOA test about a year ago and all looked great. I am not saying that any other quality oil would not have worked just as well I am just saying that for a reasonable priced conventional oil it does a fine job and I would have no reservation about running it in just about anything on the road.

I have seen that on sale in the home depot for around $10.00 for the 5 quart jug. Generally Shell is good stuff although i have not seen a recent uoa some say Pennzoil lost some of the good stuff but again i did not see it with my own eyes.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
What oil got it past 300k ?

As I read the original post, it has got 308,000 miles on Formula Shell. Factory fill to the first 5K.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Originally Posted By: 4WD
What oil got it past 300k ?

As I read the original post, it has got 308,000 miles on Formula Shell. Factory fill to the first 5K.

Yes exactly.

I bought 8 cases of Formula Shell 10W-30 and it worked well in everything I put it in. My friends bought it from me.

An old gas tractor, a built small block, various OPE, sis' Jeep Cherokee and more. Made everything run quietly.

Not difficult to reach 300,000 on that 3800 with any oil. Probably the best, most reliable engine GM ever produced and that's coming from a guy who rarely has anything positive to say about GM.

Originally Posted By: Audioquest
Not difficult to reach 300,000 on that 3800 with any oil. Probably the best, most reliable engine GM ever produced and that's coming from a guy who rarely has anything positive to say about GM.

+1 That series of engines were darn bullet proof. Even the 3.1 and 3.4 did well minus the dexcool/LIM/headgasket issues. Once it was corrected I argue they are just as reliable. My 3.4 in the Equinox is at 140k and still ticking away with zero issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back