Quick Question About Car Battery Quality And Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am leaning to the Deka/Eat Penn batteries. Sams Club east of the Mississippi have Duracell car batteries. The are East Penns.
In October, the rest of the Sam's will convert to the Duracell according to the info I got from my Sams.

Another battery thread. Everything AZ sells is made by JCI. I used to sell them at said retailer. A battery is a battery. Get the one with longest free replacement period. As of late, I purchase from AAP online with a discount code.

Local climate is the main factor that determines battery longevity, not brand name.

Last Duralast Gold I put in was a year ago. It seems to be doing good. Have another a few years old on a friends car. Its fine.

If it matters, NAPA has a Visa gift card if you buy The Legend battery. Expires the 31st. They are East Penn's.
Oreilly also have a gift cards on their Super Starts. East Penn as well.

Walmart Maxx. Local store seems to sell enough batteries that the build date on most sizes is current. The last battery I purchased from Walmart was still one the shipment pallet and had a current month build date.

Walmart Maxx. Local store seems to sell enough batteries that the build date on most sizes is current. The last battery I purchased from Walmart was still one the shipment pallet and had a current month build date.

found it. Thing is it expires 8-31-16.
In need of a new battery? Get a $15 to $25 Prepaid Visa® Card, by mail, with qualifying purchase of a NAPA battery.

Get a $15 Prepaid Visa® Card on a NAPA Legend battery
Get a $20 Prepaid Visa® Card on a NAPA Legend Premium battery
Get a $25 Prepaid Visa® Card on an Optima battery

Last edited:
The only time I used a Duralast was on my old Elantra. In 3 yrs, it became weaker.

I've primarily used AAP Autocraft batteries in my other cars and have had better results. Same climate and they last 5-6 yrs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
I think the Walmart MAXX is the best battery for a reasonable price and replacements are available 7 days/week.

MAXX batteries are all I use, best deal for the buck and all mine have been dependable
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Im still on my original battery, a battery is so easy to have done at any auto store that i dont see the point of doing it this soon. Just test the battery and see if it tests good.

Until your daughter calls you with a dead battery at 11 at night, 20°F and snowing, all while 300 miles away. $100 is cheap insurance. Usually batteries give you a warning, but not always.

Same thing can happen with a new one too. I would get it tested and see how it looks. I always get 5 or 6 years minimum. I like Motorcraft batteries and you can usually get a good deal on them from Ford.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back