Camaro 2.0T review by subaruwrxfan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Personally, I like Mustang more because it is smaller outside so handling on narrow mountain roads feels more secure.

Except by all accounts it isn't.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Personally, I like Mustang more because it is smaller outside so handling on narrow mountain roads feels more secure.

Except by all accounts it isn't.
smile.gif

Maybe not smaller, but the comparison I read of the two cars with their respective 4 pot engines gave the handling edge to the heavier Mustang.

I owned a '69 307 V-8 with the Hurst shifter and 4.11 gears. The Sonic 1.4 Turbo x 6 speed that I drove a couple weeks ago would beat my '69

I would order a Mustang with a Chevy 6.2L in it if i could. Best style, best engine.

Originally Posted By: dareo
I would order a Mustang with a Chevy 6.2L in it if i could. Best style, best engine.
But based on the vehicles you own...If it were available you really wouldn't order one. Just saying
smile.gif

I wouldn't order one today but i would want one in a year or two when the Golfs paid off. One auto loan at a time is my rule.

Originally Posted By: Al
But based on the vehicles you own...If it were available you really wouldn't order one. Just saying
smile.gif

Same thing applies to you as well.
smile.gif

Both GM and Ford do a great job with the 4 cylinder turbo engines. I'm perfectly OK with either engine. While Ford has more power on paper, the Camaro 4 and Mustang 4 seem to perform similarly, in various tests.

I've rented the Mustang 2.3L turbo and it's OK. But of course, it's an automatic. Might be a whole lot more fun with a manual. In particular, the mid-range torque of the turbo engines is very satisfying.

For folks wanting a grand tourer instead of a sports car, this engine should do the trick just fine. GM does the turbo engine thing well.

And for more power, ring up Trifecta or any other tuner who specializes in turbo GM engines. GM has been known to leave a bit of power on the table with their turbo 4-cylinder engines to let them run happily on 87 octane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back