House hunting follies

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend and his wife have decided to hang a millstone and an unpaid part-time job around his neck. Yes, he wants to buy a house. So, he's been looking. There have been the usual dumps, postage stamps, overpriced 70's [censored], and bizarre HOA rules...but one yesterday took the cake. He was looking at a decent-looking ranch, went inside...and whoa, that smells bad.
crazy2.gif
Like, REALLY bad. Like, wow, someone took a really nasty dump.

Turns out that at some point (probably last weekend's open house), someone went into the master bath and did an upper decker. That is: they took a dump...in the toilet tank.
33.gif

LOL bummer

On a positive note tell him to make a lowballer offer and tell them you will take it "as is" smell and all.

unless it is a foreclosure and the owner went into his own house to get revenge on the mortgage company for him not paying his mortgage?

Last edited:
I got a new neighbor Friday and he came around and introduced himself.
Nice guy in his early 60's and into trucks and tractors etc.
I just heard now that he died this morning. Can you believe that?
Heart attack! Sad!

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I got a new neighbor Friday and he came around and introduced himself.
Nice guy in his early 60's and into trucks and tractors etc.
I just heard now that he died this morning. Can you believe that?
Heart attack! Sad!

He learnt he had just moved in next to a bitoger?

That should be disclosed!

Man, that house could be as great deal. If that's onlyy thing that's bad, use it as a bargaining chip!

I feel that a lot of times, people write off a house for cosmetic issues that are a quick fix.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
A friend and his wife have decided to hang a millstone and an unpaid part-time job around his neck. Yes, he wants to buy a house. So, he's been looking. There have been the usual dumps, postage stamps, overpriced 70's [censored], and bizarre HOA rules...but one yesterday took the cake. He was looking at a decent-looking ranch, went inside...and whoa, that smells bad.
crazy2.gif
Like, REALLY bad. Like, wow, someone took a really nasty dump.

Turns out that at some point (probably last weekend's open house), someone went into the master bath and did an upper decker. That is: they took a dump...in the toilet tank.
33.gif

That certainly speaks volumes about the quality of both people and housing around your area.

My guess is that houses that are not dumps, postage stamps, overpriced 70's [censored], o with bizarre HOA rules are in a higher price category in his neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back