Goodbye, Stubby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday afternoon I took my little cat Stubby to the vet, due to loss of appetite and energy the last week. Tests revealed kidney failure, no real option for treatment at her age (17). She was put to sleep at 6:30 that evening. This is not the first pet I have lost, but the little stinker picked me as her human when we got her as a 6 week old kitten with a bandage around the remnants of her tail. The last couple of years she moved into our bedroom, and either slept on a pillow between me and the wife, or during colder weather curled up behind my knees under the covers. I still haven't picked up her food and water dish, I suppose that I don't want the finality to sink in. RIP, Stubbers.

Sounds like she lived a good, long life. It's never easy saying goodbye, especially to a member of the family like that.

I am sorry about the loss of your cat friend.

Walk into a shelter and save a life or two. I like the older cats that don't have much of a chance to be adopted, sometimes they have outlived their humans and end up in that horrible place.

Originally Posted By: Planb
I am sorry about the loss of your cat friend.

Walk into a shelter and save a life or two. I like the older cats that don't have much of a chance to be adopted, sometimes they have outlived their humans and end up in that horrible place.
+1

Sorry to hear that.

In my 40 years of having cats adopt me, their passing has never been easy to take. The consoling thing is that we both had good lives together and loved each other with all of our hearts.

Some of the best people I've known have been cats.

Perhaps Stubby will show up on your doorstep, but as a different cat! It's happened to me, grieving over a lost cat only to have one cross the threshold to take their place, as if assigned to ease the pain. And then the love affair continues..

Please accept my condolences.

Losing a pet is always tough. It's the price you have to pay for years of a rewarding relationship. Go to the shelter, save a cat and make a new friend when you're ready.

All the above is so true. Remember to pet other people's pets...it helps.

I like the "when you're ready" proviso. You can get a new cat or dog when you're ready. You can't REPLACE a dog or cat.

Don't mean to sound prescriptive about this....but you know what I mean, no?

Condolences offered. Kira

So sorry for your loss. Had a cat that I grew up with, and he died at age 17, so I can relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back