ONR, what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using ONR for years but not so much as a no-rinse wash. Mostly I use it to mix up spray quick detailer (1oz ONR to 16oz H2O), which I also use for clay bar lube. Just curious what everyone else uses? I like the fact I can use the concentrate for multiple purposes like that, including adding it to wash water if my vehicle is very dirty or if I am using well water up north...

Ultima concentrate avail on Amazon. A bunch of different uses, detailer, clay lube, rinseless and waterless wash. I started using it as a detailer, then progressed to the rinseless then the waterless. It gets better as I've progressed through its various uses. Container has a built in measuring cup. The protection it leaves behind is pretty good. Which makes cleaning the car every week or two much easier. Especially when parking under a tree and removing sap.

ONR has a new version that has wax/sealant in it. I'm kind of torn between wanting to try new products yet so happy with Ultima. I've had the container for years and its finally almost gone.

Last edited:
Used Turtlewax, Duragloss and Optimum no-rinse.

The onr needs to be mixed at the heavy duty concentration in my opinion. Really, They were all good, including Turtlewax.

I have 6-7 rinseless/washless products and my current favorite is Trifecta. Cleans well and leaves a slick glossy finish

Just bought some Meguiars Waterless Wash & Wax at Walmart for $11. I think I prefer the Ultima concentrate. It's much cheaper and seems to clean better. I also bought some Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax which made the surface pretty slick. It was also at Walmart for $8. The spray nozzles are tamper proof so you can't reuse the bottles for other purposes. I would have liked to use the spray bottles for the Ultima concentrate but oh well.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Just bought some Meguiars Waterless Wash & Wax at Walmart for $11. I think I prefer the Ultima concentrate. It's much cheaper and seems to clean better. I also bought some Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax which made the surface pretty slick. It was also at Walmart for $8. The spray nozzles are tamper proof so you can't reuse the bottles for other purposes. I would have liked to use the spray bottles for the Ultima concentrate but oh well.

FWIW, I've been using a $1 spray bottle from Home Depot for that for a couple years. Recently "upgraded" to the $4 spray bottle from menards for my vinyl/interior/etc detailer spray- MUCH nicer!

BTW, have you tried the megs Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere? I bought a couple bottles of it last year on close out and its great stuff! Doesn't replace ONR/others for my purpose, but perfect for quick detailing of bikes and motorcycles.

I'm really liking Meguiar's D114 for rinseless wash. Very slick with good cleaning power. Useful inside and outside of a car and around the house.

D115 is so far good as a waterless w/ wax, but has some dust collection issues. Very nice "detailer" around the kitchen at 1:8.

I've never used ONR, but their standard dilution is 1:256. At 1:16, it should be very strong and might be hard on wax/sealant.

D114 works great. Better cleaning power than ONR, but it is a bit foamy. I also do not know if it can/should be used as a clay lube.

D115 is a great waterless wash product. It also doubles as a quick detailer. Great glass cleaner too. It is one of those very expensive products (it took me a long time to convince myself to buy it) that actually works well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
D114 works great. Better cleaning power than ONR, but it is a bit foamy. I also do not know if it can/should be used as a clay lube.

D115 is a great waterless wash product. It also doubles as a quick detailer. Great glass cleaner too. It is one of those very expensive products (it took me a long time to convince myself to buy it) that actually works well.

People are using D114 @ 1:256 for clay lube. I've only used it on glass for this but it worked well. Better than detail spray.

What dilution ratio(s) are you using D115 at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back