Fram Ultra XG8A 6800 miles [Cut Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run

This just came off my grand caravan. It was in service for 10 months and just over 6800 miles. 2 runs with PYB 5w-30. The van sees nothing but super short trips during the week and long trips on weekends. I replaced the filter with another Ultra and the oil is now Pennzoil Platinum (the natural gas stuff) 5w-30. I should be good until next spring. Sorry for blurry pictures. Date code A43391

Yes it has the hybrid tube with holes and louvers.

The spring was super tight so no leaks here.

Looks very good and looks like the PYB did some cleaning. Thank you for the C&P

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: dave123
Get at it did you chew it open

Nom nom nom. Needle nose pliers.

Constructions of all Fram Ultra cut opened so far are very solid, no reason to buy other filters if I can but it for less than $7-8/ea, and use it for 15-20k miles.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Constructions of all Fram Ultra cut opened so far are very solid, no reason to buy other filters if I can but it for less than $7-8/ea, and use it for 15-20k miles.

+1 ... hard to find a better filter considering all factors.

I forgot to mention one detail that may be important to those considering the Ultra for multiple OCIs. The base gasket on this filter was crushed down. That's from tightening it to proper spec of 3/4 to 1 turn. Once you install this filter you leave it in until you are ready to change the filter. I do NOT recommend removing it just to drain the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back