2 Hyundai/Kia OEM Filters cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprises here. Just two more examples of why I'll continue to run these OEM filters, especially when the price for these at the dealership is the same as a Fram Orange Can at Walmart.

The one on the left is from the oil change I just did today, and the one on the right is from the previous oil change. Both were 7500 mile OCIs.

Yes they are well made. I use original kia/Hyundai oil filters for my Sportage. I run Mag1 synthetic blend for 7000 mile OCI and change the filter every other oil change.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Any idea who makes these filters?

MOBIS....which is a Hyundai company

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
how much do they cost?

Price at my local Hyundai dealership is $5.70. You can order them online in multi packs for a bit less per filter.

I think they should be required to state South Korea since they both made parts in North Korea

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Any idea who makes these filters?

MOBIS....which is a Hyundai company

Mobis is Hyundai/Kia's aftermarket parts company.

These are very good filters that I've been using exclusively for a couple years. While they might represent "flow over filtration" to some degree, they're consistently well made to a degree that I don't see in the typical Wix, Baldwin, etc. that I pull off a shelf somewhere. While Purolator might own Mann Hummel, I have zero fears or worries about tearing or quality control with these filters.

I've seen a nominal efficiency of 92.5% associated with these filters ( no micron size ) but that probably depends on your operating pressures and the level of contaminants if you're going to get better than that in reference to an absolute efficiency scale. I think anything that's less than a 98.6% absolute efficiency threshold is usually nominal rated but that might not be correct. Not much in the way of specs for sure...

I used only these or Wix in my '04 Elantra, did a few 10,000 mile OCI with them with no issues, most were a 7500 mile OCI though.
Your pics are not showing for me (photobucket never wants to show for me).

Here is a pic I found of mine. I have no idea what the OCI was for these filters (most likely 7500 miles) or what oil was used (some type of syn I am sure). This pic were from 2010.

The one on the right is darker for sure.

Filters look great ... Thanks for posting these
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
I think they should be required to state South Korea since they both made parts in North Korea

They both claim the whole penisula as they're still technically at war. The DPRK doesnt export anything to my knowledge.

Both SK companies made parts there for cheap labor - they had a fight in 2013 and chubby shut things down so may have ended then. I have not found info that the industrial complex is back open - but will continue to check. I don't like the fact that our trade deficit has more than doubled in 4 years and I have spent over a year there (on numerous trips) and see they buy their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back