Best alternative to FL500S

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we now have two family vehicles which are spec'd for the FL500S. I have been running mostly motorcraft, and ONLY motorcraft, Napa Gold or Wix on my Fords for many years now with MANY miles on the FL820S and a good number on the FL500S. The 500 is now over $5 on Amazon and hit and miss in the brick and mortars... What are the best aftermarket options while keeping price in mind? The silicone ADBV is non-negotiable but otherwise I'm open.

First vehicle is the F150 with 5.0L which seems 8,000-10,000 OCI based on the IOLM.
Second is an Exploder Ecoboost 3.5L which I intend to do 5,000 mile OCI with latest synthetic on sale.

Is it really as simple as the Wix/Napa Gold or Fram Ultra Guard thing or are there better and cheaper options?

I prefer to use Mobil 1 M1-212 filters for my wife's Mustang. I get them for $7.99 when O'Reilly has their $5 off $10 coupons, cheaper than XG10575 at Walmart.

The XG10575 doesn't fit the 3" cap style filter wrench the M1-212 fits due to the SureGrip coating at the dome end I think. The FPS10575 would be something to consider as it doesn't have this coating at the dome end.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
XG10575
For longer OCIs or just for the security of wire-backed media, this is the one.

AC Delco PF63 is another option.
Nevermind, I just read the silicone adbv part.
I'd say Fram Ultra then ,all the way.

Last edited:
Wix/Napa Gold will work great
smile.gif

The Fram TG is a good choice and is likely cheaper than WIX at you're local WM. I'd be willing to try an Extra Guard on the Explorer even.

The WIX The Motorcraft are about the same price on RockAuto with the TG being a few $$. If you buy enough stuff, this route may end up being cheaper than a local store. (I do this with her Volvo all the time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back