Fram PH3600 Orange Can Cut and Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the oil on my 97 Ford Taurus Today at 4,553 miles. I typically go 5,000 between changes but we have a 1200 mile trip coming up so I wanted to get it done before we went. The filter looked great. The end disks were adhered well and the media did not have any irregularities that I could see. The ADBV was pliable and the filter was full of oil when I removed it. Another Fram Orange can PH3600 went back in it's place.

Nice, clear pics. Pet peeve of mine when people post blurry or out-of-focus pics.

Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
I changed the oil on my 97 Ford Taurus Today at 4,553 miles. I typically go 5,000 between changes but we have a 1200 mile trip coming up so I wanted to get it done before we went.

I'm sure you could have gone the extra 1200 miles with no problems on that filter and oil...

This ocod looks better than other ocod's i have seen but its still a low end filter at a more expensive price ..As far as fram goes their ultra is a good filter the other ones not so much. Over the years The ocod was never known as a quality oil filter.. Look back a few years and you will see its not until Purolater started having drama that some people started using the ocod..Its pretty much their entry lever filter but the price is high.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
This ocod looks better than other ocod's i have seen but its still a low end filter at a more expensive price ..As far as fram goes their ultra is a good filter the other ones not so much. Over the years The ocod was never known as a quality oil filter.. Look back a few years and you will see its not until Purolater started having drama that some people started using the ocod..Its pretty much their entry lever filter but the price is high.

If you find the ocod overpriced you will faint once you learn the average price in Canada. It goes for $7-8.

Otherwise the filter is fine.
thumbsup2.gif

$3.77 for a major brand filter with 95% efficiency at 20 microns is a pretty good deal in my book.

Last edited:
You could've run it the extra 1200 miles with no problem. But really, you should use a ST3600 or Wix 1516

Date Code A51113

Made April 21, 2015

The 5 is 2015
The 111 means the 111th day of the year
The 3 is third shift

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
You could've run it the extra 1200 miles with no problem. But really, you should use a ST3600 or Wix 1516

Why would I want to use a filter with much lower efficiency?

$3.77 for a major brand filter with 95% efficiency at 20 microns is a pretty good deal in my book.

Agreed, its not like your replacing them monthly either. $4 2-3 times a year isn't going to break anyone's wallet. Same reason I use the Ultra's. Never could understand why some people want to penny pinch on multi thousand dollar investment's.

Im shocked that Fram is getting better. Seems like those who were last are now first.I did like the fram ultra filters. I get Napa Gold at 4.00 w my discount and havent used anything since. I remember in the late 90's how awful they were. People bad mouthed them just like Pennzoil, and now they are making a comeback
banana2.gif
Truthfully I am gonna give fram another shot here soon. BTW..Who makes Honda oem filters? Fram?Wix?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Run
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

If you find the ocod overpriced you will faint once you learn the average price in Canada. It goes for $7-8.

Otherwise the filter is fine.
thumbsup2.gif

Metric money !

I'll be changing out the PH3600 on our Vibe next month.
Can't wait to see if it fared as good as yours.
Thanks for the cut and post DerbyDave
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back