clean cotton gauze Air filter w/ engine degreaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
as subject,

can i use engine degreaser to clean my cotton gauze air filter? i am using sakura racing air filter, it is the same with K&N filter...

i have a lot stock of engine degreaser so, i want to substitute with it and saving money by buying recharger (oil and cleaner)...

i already substitute the oil recharger with same oil that has spec ISO VG 22...i already check the msds and those contains main ingredients...

i need opinion, thx..

Originally Posted By: FastLane
I would just use dish soap myself.

aactually yes, i did the same too..

but i need to spend more time to wash the filter..you know maybe by using degreaser can solve the problem..

i need a few opinion, thats why i am asking..

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Long time ago, I cleaned my K&N with Fantastic 409, engine degreaser will also work.

Did a great job removing grime off cotton.

so the answer is okay using degreaser, right?

does the engine degreaser broke or maybe tear the cotton if i use that routinely?

Not an expert by any means but it seems to me that a degreaser would be fine since its basically a
petroleum product similar to kerosene and once the filter has been rinsed and dried you coat it with another petroleum product.

Back when I used a K&N I used Simple Green which will degrease about anything and in biodegradable. I expect Dawn dishwasher would do just fine also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back