2013 Accord 2.4L 6MT - 11K OCI - M1 AFE OW-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Danno
It would nice to get a TBN reading next UOA.

Reason I didn't get TBN was because previous TBN'S were good at similar intervals with same oil.

I posted to show that:

- higher revving cars (mine is manual trans) don't necessarily have high engine wear

- direct injection is implemented well on this car.

How do you like the Accord with the 2.4/6MT?

I am debating going for a new Accord Sport same powertrain. I love the car, but I have only test driven them.

Looks like the engine sure is happy at 150K!

Seems the 6mt is bullet proof. Careful with the Sport, the wheels look great and attract the attention of thieves. Not to mention the low profile tires and hitting pot holes. The base LX comes with nice alloy wheels.

Car is fantastic; easy to drive even in traffic.

It's an EX, so I have the power seat and smart entry which are important to me.

Ave mileage on this interval was 35mpg and all maint. Items are easy enough.

Good luck finding one, none on lots around here unless you want a couple.

Did you see the sport SE? It's got some good looking leather seats.

Superb wear rates, Boyd.
Used oil looks healthy and serviceable.
Are you considering extending OCI ? ..... to say 15,000 miles?
blush.gif

Btw, previous 3 samples were of similar oil?

Nah, I'll just follow the maintenance minder, keeps everything simple for me.

I change the oil when minder hits between 5 - 15% oil life left. I've also changed the filter every time but looks like Hondas recommendation to change filter every other time might be ok.

I've used only mobil1 AFE 0W-20 since I drained the factory fill.

Yawn, another excellent Honda K series report
wink.gif
Thanks for sharing, you probably have the highest mileage 9th gen on this forum.

I have used M1 0-20AFE for years in both Fords and the engines appear to be like new clean. How is yours?

Great #'s for AFE again. I can see you don't let a lot of grass grow under that Accord. A 2013 w 150k on the clock indicates you live on the highway. Good post.

Costco, kwik trip, shell, mobile, BP usually.

Manual says use top tier only,which I have done except for 1 or 2 tanks.

Tig1 - Valvetrain looks new.

If you double up the wear metals and posted this result with a German engine(BMW or MB or Audi ...) everyone will say it is great.

M1 AFE in this engine with this driving condition seems to be able to extend OCI to 15k miles.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
M1 AFE in this engine with this driving condition seems to be able to extend OCI to 15k miles.

Is there a typical UOA for this sort of extended OCI?
Would love to see one.
blush.gif

I don't see the logic in changing the oil before any indicator say it's necessary. The oil filter can be used twice as long. Save your time and money by extending the OCI a little more.

When the grass on my lawn is short, I don't get the lawn mower out.

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: zeng
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Is there a typical UOA for this sort of extended OCI?
Would love to see one.
blush.gif

Based on retaining TBN of 3.8 and 3.9 of 2 previous OCI's of 10.4k and 11.6k miles and single digit wear metals, I expect M1 AFE able to go the distance of 15k miles for this car and similar driving condition.

M1 AFE in other engines and different driving conditions may or may not be able to go to 15k miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
I don't see the logic in changing the oil before any indicator say it's necessary. The oil filter can be used twice as long. Save your time and money by extending the OCI a little more.

When the OLM says 15%, it means there is between 10-15% oil life left, and a pesky warning comes on every time you start the car.

There are also other maint items tied to the OLM that you are supposed to do at the same time.

Like I said earlier, following the OLM just makes life easier for me.

Thanks for the money saving tip:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back