Anybody own a new Mazda 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metalone here got me pumped up and the car looks like it has been updated.
Anybody have a new one and I'd like to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

2017 Mazda 6 just came out few days ago. I don't think anybody has it yet.

The previous generation was the best mid-size sedan in all comparisons, the 2017 is an improvement in every category so I think it will be better than all other mid-sized sedans in its class.

2017 Mazda 6 looks like $30+k car, this red color is nice too.

2017-Mazda-6-102-876x535.jpg

Last edited:
My mom has a '15 and neither she nor I understand all the positive reviews. Underpowered, infotainment issues, and everything feels cheap and tinny, because it is.

My dad worked at Mazda and started fear mongering when the factory warranty ended on her Mercedes. She would have spent less in the long run and been happier with the Merc.

[censored], she'd be happier in a Camry, that's what she was driving for decades before getting the Mercedes and there was never a complaint.

What happened to the 2016 Ford Fusion hybrid SE with the 602A package you were looking to buy?

They are nice cars but they can't stay price competitive with the massive discounts given by Honda or Hyundai/Kia on their midsizes.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
My mom has a '15 and neither she nor I understand all the positive reviews. Underpowered, infotainment issues, and everything feels cheap and tinny, because it is.

My dad worked at Mazda and started fear mongering when the factory warranty ended on her Mercedes. She would have spent less in the long run and been happier with the Merc.

[censored], she'd be happier in a Camry, that's what she was driving for decades before getting the Mercedes and there was never a complaint.

This is pretty unusual.

All the reviews about Mazda 6 were very positive, all the comparisons by various car magazines they were always on top of the list. All of them think that the interior of any Mazda is very high class.

Personally, I was never in a Mazda 6 but from looking at the exterior styling I like it better than any other make. Actually, I think all newer Mazda vehicles, be it car or CUV they are better styling than others in its class.

Last edited:
I buy too many cars but the dealership tried to pull a fast one and deliver a different car than we agreed too. You know that bait and switch scam so I walked and they tried to call and do the correct deal but by then I was soured. Once you try a fast one, we no longer deal.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What happened to the 2016 Ford Fusion hybrid SE with the 602A package you were looking to buy?

I know what you're talking about. I have a Mazda dealer just 8 miles away.
Look on YouTube and you will see glorious reviews and then you will see a very negative review on the 2016 model. Low power loud engine, road and wind noise and on and on. I'll have to drive one but right now I'm a bit tired of car dealers.

Also they say they are a bit taunt.
They look nice though. Prices seem good with that 2k rebate

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

This is pretty unusual.

All the reviews about Mazda 6 were very positive, all the comparisons by various car magazines they were always on top of the list. All of them think that the interior of any Mazda is very high class.

Personally, I was never in a Mazda 6 but from looking at the exterior styling I like it better than any other make. Actually, I think all newer Mazda vehicles, be it car or CUV they are better styling than others in its class.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

This is pretty unusual.

I know, it's almost as if automobile publications are paid by car companies for those glowing reviews...

Reviewers like it because it is engaging to drive and responsive. The beat the [censored] out of it for a couple hundred miles then it goes away. Most buyers want a smooth riding quiet car like the Malibu or Camry so they can zone out on the freeway. The Accord strikes a good balance as long as you're looking at a '13 or newer. The Kia is the bang for buck, although poor resale. Subaru is the AWD choice. The Fusion looks nice but gets poor real-life mileage.

Real life...the 6 is loud and rough riding. The engine needs to rev to make power. The interior is a sea of black with a tacked on infotainment screen. Poor back seat headroom and visibility. If I just drove to work on twisty back roads it would be my choice. I drive 36k/yr and a good amount are interstate so I opted for the Accord.

Sexy though, especially rolling on 19's

Handle very much like a small Audi. They pretty obviously deliberately copied it. Power's fine just not for people who speed like crazy. My relatives love theirs and have had no problems.

Comfortable enough and overall value for money. I'd love to have one.

Just for reference, and I know it's been completely redesigned and is not a Ford/Mazda hybrid like mine, but we own a bought new 2010 Mazda 6 and it has really been a great car. With approximately 60K miles on it, the only issue we have had is a small oil leak where the oil pan and timing chain cover meet, and that was repaired for free under warranty. It handles better than almost anything in its class/price point and has been a great all around car. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it is a little poky. The newer models are lighter/stiffer with 15ish more HP and offer better acceleration and much better gas mileage. This is primarily my wife's car. When it is time to replace it in a couple years (because it will be lent to my son to use for his last 2 years of college), a new Mazda 6 is at the top of our list of considerations (along with the Volvo S60 or a used MB E350).

Just for reference, and I know it's been completely redesigned and is not a Ford/Mazda hybrid like mine, but we own a bought new 2010 Mazda 6 and it has really been a great car. With approximately 60K miles on it, the only issue we have had is a small oil leak where the oil pan and timing chain cover meet, and that was repaired for free under warranty. It handles better than almost anything in its class/price point and has been a great all around car. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it is a little poky. The newer models are lighter/stiffer with 15ish more HP and offer better acceleration and much better gas mileage. This is primarily my wife's car. When it is time to replace it in a couple years (because it will be lent to my son to use for his last 2 years of college), a new Mazda 6 is at the top of our list of considerations (along with the Volvo S60 or a used MB E350).

I much prefer how a Mazda drives and, how they handle because, I enjoy driving. I have raised my 3 children and now enjoy driving again in a drivers car. I don't want a Mom & Pop vehicle like a Camry or Malibu regardless of gadgets and other stuff. I now drive a CX5 and often drive a Mazda 6. Ed

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eddie
I much prefer how a Mazda drives and, how they handle because, I enjoy driving. I have raised my 3 children and now enjoy driving again in a drivers car. I don't want a Mom & Pop vehicle like a Camry or Malibu regardless of gadgets and other stuff. I now drive a CX5 and often drive a Mazda 6. Ed

Originally Posted By: forbes.com
Mazda has added its clever new G-vector control (GVC) system to two of its models for 2017.

GVC improves steering feel and response by very small reductions in engine torque as a driver turns into a corner. The resultant weight shift to the front wheels improves traction and thus aids traction, especially in slippery conditions.

For 2017, both the Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 add the GVC system. Other Mazdas will gain the system later.

Originally Posted By: forbes.com
The Mazda 6 and 3 models also see needed improvements in reducing noise, vibration, and harshness, with thicker glass and added sound insulation materials.

Given that Mazdas already have a reputation for above average handling, especially among the Japanese brands, these refinements only add to the appeal of two of the brand’s key models.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmccormic...r/#36d87de35ef6

Originally Posted By: LotI
Reviewers like it because it is engaging to drive and responsive. The beat the [censored] out of it for a couple hundred miles then it goes away. Most buyers want a smooth riding quiet car like the Malibu or Camry so they can zone out on the freeway. The Accord strikes a good balance as long as you're looking at a '13 or newer. The Kia is the bang for buck, although poor resale. Subaru is the AWD choice. The Fusion looks nice but gets poor real-life mileage.

Real life...the 6 is loud and rough riding. The engine needs to rev to make power. The interior is a sea of black with a tacked on infotainment screen. Poor back seat headroom and visibility. If I just drove to work on twisty back roads it would be my choice. I drive 36k/yr and a good amount are interstate so I opted for the Accord.

Sexy though, especially rolling on 19's

Mazda tends to do everything "okay/good" but nothing exceptional (with exception of their manual transmission - they're fantastic). When my brother owned his 2008 Accord I'd drive it from time to time and couldn't get over how responsive the I4 engine was and the general refinement/comfort. Honda managed to make the car feel like it had a V6 under the hood. My Mazda never lets me forget I got the poverty spec I4.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: GMFan
My Mazda never lets me forget I got the poverty spec I4.
whistle.gif

Yeah, that's because you have a Mazda that uses a Ford I-4 engine design.
Nice try, though.

Anytime you want to go to a Mazda dealer, and do a back to back comparison with the new Mazda 6, they are more than willing to have you.

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back