Wife is livid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
This was a deliberate demonstration of disrespect toward your wife and you as her husband.
It was in no way accidental.
How you decide to deal with it is up to you, but having LEO buddies would be a big help.
Chico and the Man could end up with a bad beat-down in the course of an arrest and could be strongly encouraged to catch the next 'hound going well out of your area lest they catch a case.
Your wife's employer has no liability and will do nothing and pay nothing. If they just let these Latin dirtbags go, they may come back and do something worse.
In the information age, it wouldn't be too hard for them to locate your house.
I'd be very angry myself, but I'm not too sure what your best course of action would be.
OTOH, letting this go is an admission that you lack manhood and can be humiliated in the minds of the perps.
OTOH, things could easily escalate beyond a reasonable level unless you have some solid backup, like some LEO buddies.

Seek professional psychiatric help.

Anyone you can recommend from your personal experience?
Seriously, these guys didn't just happen to be sitting on your wife's nice old car when they knew she'd see them by chance. They also didn't inflict this level of damage by chance.
This was deliberate and the situation has not come to its end, much as you might like to think that it has.
You clearly don't understand the cultural elements involved, but you'll learn with what is to come.

It's hard to say. It might well have been by chance. So many people are just completely oblivious to everyone and everything else around them, and are just generally disrespectful. They might have viewed the car as just like a park bench. I don't think escalation, especially towards violence is a good idea. Likely if the company is footing the bill, these guys are going to be gone anyway. Still, as a precaution, I would probably make sure my wife was accompanied to and from her car at work. Most companies will provide that, or the OP or a co-worker might be able to do it. Arming with some pepper spray or anonther maybe stronger self-defense device is advisable. But likely it's over. Some of the retaliation being suggested on here is more appropriate if she was physically or otherwise assaulted, and is of course illegal. Unless you want a war, I would just follow the OP's course of action and take some precautions.

Last edited:
She would consider that an insult, actually. She carries a pistol and has for years.

Well, then you and she should be all set, in the event of any problems, which I think are unlikely. Sounds like she is quite capable of defending herself. Which I doubt will be necessary anyway, let alone the pre-emptive strikes that have been suggested. I think you both handled this very well. Sometimes some junk happens, you address / get it fixed and move on.

Estimate gotten...ouch!
frown.gif

Estimate gotten...ouch!
frown.gif

How much is it if you don't mind me asking and is the paint job for the entire car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back