out with the subaru and in with a new Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traded off the 08 impreza for something bigger. Found a really nice 2015 Ford Fusion with the 2.0 ecoboost. The vehicle had only 24k miles! I am really impressed with the power of the ecoboost. Anyway the OLM showed about 65% left and the dealer had changed the oil when they got it in. I think the vehicle lost a lot of oil life due to short test trips and idling. I have read a little about DI engines and fuel dilution so after the wife gets back from ATL I am changing the oil for my own piece of mind. I took advantage of the M1 rebate deal and also picked up a motorcraft filter. I am sure the fusion was getting motorcraft blend oil in the past. Sticking with the recommended 5w30 and the 910 oil filter. I almost went with the 0w30 M1.

Your signature says you still have the Subaru.
smile.gif

Good luck with it! I found the ecoboost to be anything but "Eco". All the rest of the vehicle was wonderful.

Congrats......If you don't mind sharing-how did the trade of Impreza go? I wouldn't think trading in a Subaru at a Ford dealer would be that advantageous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back