Purolator boss 2222 6,200 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
If and I mean if they were machine made it would be almost impossible to line up perfectly during manufacturing.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Of course I am not kidding. Look at them. They're machine made. You're assuming they're a defect. I am not ready to make that assumption without any facts. What are your facts? Do you have any similar filters as a control group that don't exhibit cuts? Produce some, and then I'll be convinced. I am amazed at the group-think and herd mentality of BITOG.
You mean only every other brand?

^^^ Nate, I was just about to post that now I believe I possibly have heard everything. I guess we were thinking the same thing at the same time.
smile.gif

jerry, you understand that those tears are actually better described as "cuts" from the baseplate having a huge flashed edge from the stamping process, correct? i know bitog-ers get antsy in the pantsy sometimes but they do often have a point.

i still use purolators as they come along. along with fram, wix, whatever. because i don't actually care. bitog has actually cured my OCD by overexposure.

Originally Posted By: holdorf333
jerry, you understand that those tears are actually better described as "cuts" from the baseplate having a huge flashed edge from the stamping process, correct? i know bitog-ers get antsy in the pantsy sometimes but they do often have a point.

i still use purolators as they come along. along with fram, wix, whatever. because i don't actually care. bitog has actually cured my OCD by overexposure.

No I didn't know that. That wasn't apparent from the thread. Based on the information presented, I stand by my questioning it. Maybe the flashed edges were discussed elsewhere.

I will continue to question a lot of of the statements made on bitog.

Recently someone said that " Amsoil MTL outperformed Redline" in his transmission. I'd love to know the science behind that.

It would take one minute for anyone to see there is a problem with the hole geometry, sharp edges on the holes, or the machine pressing the baseplate together is set up wrong, or whatever. One minute. I think it's laziness, look at Toyota filters, nothing like this is seen. Of course the old method requires someone to actually get out on the shop floor and care. Someone has to go away from their computer screen. No one at Purolator is looking at what they actually make with any kind of detail. They seem to be more interested in designing the boxes. No defects in the boxes.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Originally Posted By: holdorf333

No I didn't know that. That wasn't apparent from the thread. Based on the information presented, I stand by my questioning it. Maybe the flashed edges were discussed elsewhere.

There have been quite a few threads about the cuts in the ADBV, and even a few showing super up close photos of the sharp edges on the base plate holes that are responsible for doing the cutting.

Makes you wonder if they don't want to ruin the name and get you used to their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back