Car stereo choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: thr_wedge
I have an Alpine 154BT-CDE that does CD, iPod/USB, BT (with built in Pandora app for streaming). I actually pulled it out of my old car recently and it's for sale but shipping may break that deal. It's a single din.

I have that unit too. I like it a lot, but it doesn't have some of the features their earlier models had...specifically, digital time correction....but most people these days probably aren't buying HUs for the ultimate in SQ, which is what those units were for...I still have my CDA-9887, which in my opinion was the best SQ HU ever produced...I just no longer have any of the high end equipment in my vehicle to need such a HU...

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Are you telling me that Boss will hook up to your phone and when your mom drives the car, it will automatically hook up to her phone without she having to lift a finger? I would have never thought an off-brand would be able to do that!

Well, my mom doesn't have a smartphone - Her phone is an old-school flip phone without Bluetooth, so I can't speak for the multi-phone switching.. but I do know it picks mine up every time I drive her car. I should add that she's almost 80 and I don't drive her car all that often.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Oh well, it does not handle multiple iPhone pairing the way I had expected it to handle.

It connects the previously connected iPhone (before car was turned off) almost instantly which is great. But another driver drives the car and his phone is the list of the known and paired phones, it just does not connect to it on its own. I know my Acura is like that too although I expected JVC aftermarket to do better as it is a newer unit.

Am I expecting too much? If I am the only person in the car, it should use my phone as BT device. If my wife is driving, it should use her phone etc. Why do these guys not do the most logical thing?

Is Pioneer going to be better?

Did you speak with any techs at Crutchfield before ordering? They were the ones that told me to stay away from JVC and may have helped you to avoid your issues.

Last edited:
Swapped it with the equivalent Pioneer in the Camry but look what I did for the Odyssey :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back