Craftsman riding mowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I found this on a tractor forum, years ago (2002) I had a craftsman garden tractor, I thought I remember seeing the same tractor painted orange as a Husqvarna. I went to get a belt for it at my local mower shop and he said it was an AYP built tractor. So I see that AYP and Husqvarna are the same, or was at one time. I've lost track of who makes what anymore.

Ok Here we go Roper was Bought By electrolux in 1988 it became American Yard Products Electrolux also Bought Husqvarna in 1978 . Well AYP was moved from IL to South Carolina ( Sears had owned a Portion of Roper the Controling interest Roper Had made most of the Sears Suburbans and Craftsman Tractors) So both Husqvarna and Craftsman Tractors where made at the AYP plant in SC Well in( in 1986 Electrolux bought Poulan Pro & Weed eater) 2006 Electrolux spun of it outdoor Power equipment under Husqvarna and made it it's own company So Husqvarna is now the Parent company of AYP which is still around. So Certain Craftsman GT & lawn Tractor are made at the same plant where Husqvarna, Poulan Pro,Weed Eater and Dixion Lawn and Garden tractos are Made(dixion was Bought by HUsqvarna in the last few years). Currently some Craftsman and Craftsman Professional series are now made by MTD as well besides Husqvarna/AYP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back