The NEW 2017 Elantras...where are they??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the new 2017 Hyundai Elantra has been on dealer lots since February, I have surprising not seen a single one the road, NOT one! Even more surprising, I live in Central Jersey, with
car dealers practically EVERYWHERE! Many Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai dealers. My area has TONS of Civics and Corollas and Cruzes everywhere you look and Elantras 2016 and older.

The 2017 Elantra has received overhelmingly positive reviews, yet it seems the car, so far, as been a complete disaster, as far as sales are concerned

Anyone else here notice this, or anyone here actually own a new 2017 Elantra??

Last edited:
Other than the oversized grille, which I'm no fan of, I think it's a great looking car. But yeah, I have not seen any around me either. I may have seen one on a recent trip to Canada.

I think with the new Civic and Corolla out there in similar price range, it's really tough for Hyundai to convince people to buy the Elantra.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I think with the new Civic and Corolla out there in similar price range, it's really tough for Hyundai to convince people to buy the Elantra.

I love the look of the new Civic. I'm actually thinking of getting an LX coupe. I have never owned a Honda before (well, automobile anyway)

Whats with the hexagonal grilles on everything? I saw a Subaru Legacy I thought was a ford Taurus now I see a Hyundai that I think is a focus.
2015_Taurus_1.png
subaru-legacy-2015-live-b.jpg

I see new Elantras here but certainly not in overwhelming numbers. Supposedly, on average, they're spending less time on the lot than the new Civic, which I'm also not seeing in numbers. That's probably reflective of how many cars dealers have on hand as anything else. The Elantra Eco 1.4T ( which has just come on ) and the 200 hp Elantra Sport ( later this year ) might boost interest and sales.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Other than the oversized grille, which I'm no fan of, I think it's a great looking car. But yeah, I have not seen any around me either. I may have seen one on a recent trip to Canada.

Agree I still have perception that Hyundai is low rent vehicle.

Wow...the Camry in the red??!! Never thought id see that! The Civic I understand (I own a 2015 Civic), they are ALL over the place here in NJ!

Originally Posted By: flinter
Wow...the Camry in the red??!! Never thought id see that! The Civic I understand (I own a 2015 Civic), they are ALL over the place here in NJ!

This year is the last of the current model, 2017 will have a brand new Camry then Honda will have new Accord in 2018.

Sentra Price. Sits looks and drives VERY well .... until you blow the Mexican engine. Hard to do a net build on a motor with bargain basement parts and the attending QC/QA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back