Petronas Syntium 7000 0W40 / Mitsubishi 4G15T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell for sure what version I had. It was bought mid December 2015, that's all I can say. Empty bottles are long gone unfortunately.

Popsy,

Originally Posted By: Popsy
I can't tell for sure what version I had. It was bought mid December 2015, that's all I can say. Empty bottles are long gone unfortunately.

I do a picture of oil I put into my car or a moto. Sometimes I also do a video of a first start on a new oil. Just to see how engine sounds :=)

To clarify, the UOA was on the old version of Syntium 7000, not the new "Cooltech" one (or at least oil was in an older packaging).

After you suggested syntium7000, I still went ahead and filled it with liqui moly 10w-40 high tech. The oils is worth the money and keeps the engine smooth and silent. But takes a toll on FE compared to the syntium3000 I had before.

But your post about grades and approvals was very helpful. Petronas 7000 is the thinnest 0w-40 oil with MB229.5 and LL01 approvals.

So I decided to search for the thinnest 5w-30 oil with MB229.5 and LL01 approval. BMW-LL01 oils are known to keep lifters quiet and HTHS for both approvals needs to be over 3.5.

I found out that Liqui Moly 5w-30 special tech LL meets MB220.5, LL01 and also has long service life.

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_1192.html?OpenDocument&land=DE

I am not sure if it is good for your turbo engine, but what is your opinion for my high mileage 4g15 NA engine?

Interesting question. I never liked this brand, they surf on the "made in Germany" but the products look quite ordinary.

Do you have an oil pressure gauge? 4G15 are relics from another century (lol), 5W30 is supposedly ok, especially with a HTHS of 3,5 and more.
I personnaly prefer keeping a little margin for fuel dilution and shearing, and 0W40 seem to be a fine go-to grade formy engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back