Do Employees Of Car Companies Get New Cars Cheap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear every car salesmen has a car from that particular franchise and they are always leased.

The Ford "X-Plan" is basically invoice less incentives. There is a discussion over on the F150 board entitled "Ford "X-Plan" sucks.

So-depending on your negotiating skills you can come pretty close to what an employee pays.

Employees are not getting a car for less than the it cost to make the car. They do often get a nice incentive to buy them though. And to be honest, if you manufactured cars for Toyota, you would probably buy a Toyota. If you worked for Ford, you would likely buy a Ford.

As to sales staff leasing, I have seen quite a bit of that as well. A lot of them seem to drive brand new cars for about 6-12 months on a short term lease and then trade it back in for another brand new car. I dont know the numbers behind it, but they seem to do quite a bit of leasing, from what I have seen.

Originally Posted By: CKN
The Ford "X-Plan" is basically invoice less incentives. There is a discussion over on the F150 board entitled "Ford "X-Plan" sucks.

So-depending on your negotiating skills you can come pretty close to what an employee pays.

Exactly correct.
I used to date someone years ago whose father was a line worker for Ford in Buffalo.
That entitled her to use the "X-Plan." She was going to buy a new Aerostar and wanted me to go with her.
I convinced her to let me negotiate a deal before springing the "X-Plan on the sales person.
She ended up taking the deal that I negotiated instead as it was $500.00 cheaper than the "X-Plan."

The best deals are on leases for employees and their relatives. The supplier and employee plans are usually not compatible with additional incentives, like college graduate or military discounts. Employee discounts are usually not available on high demand cars, at least initially.

One big perk had been the ability to purchase 'pool' cars, which were off-lease cars only 4-12 mo old.

We lease them because we can lease a 50k plus vehicle for 300 a month. Why would you buy anything when you can get a new one every few years. A lot of manufacturers employees get 6 to 12 month leases but can get out earlier if you hit 8k miles.

Back in the 90s, they used to send my dad home with a new car for a week once a month to try to show it off. Now days no. the employees get nothing special for buying a new car. No special deals and no special breaks.

Ford has several discount employee/supplier plans. The A and Z plan, the D plan, and the X plan.

An example of those plan prices on a 2015 Ford C-Max Energi which I purchased are:

MSRP 36910.00

X Plan 35015.56

D Plan 33633.08

A & Z 33533.08

Any incentives, rebates, and any other discounts are also subtracted from those prices. X plan is the least amount discounted, and can be obtained from a Ford employee or if the company you work for is listed as a "supplier" to Ford. I think there are over 1100 companies that are eligible. A and Z I believe are current employees, and D is retired employees?

There are also certain clubs such as the Mustang club which a paid membership will entitle you to an X plan PIN number to be used to purchase a new Ford vehicle.

http://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/

Last edited:
Yep the GM plan is called GMS Discount. It's not what it once was. Currently if a regular Joe Blow walks into a showroom and has good savy, he can usually get within $200 or so of the GMS price. Usually but not always.

I have never seen a lease like SEBZX79 mentioned. Maybe he is talking about the company car program that 8th level salary and above take part in. They drive a car from the captive test fleet for 6 to 12 months, report back any issues and get issued another car.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Yep the GM plan is called GMS Discount. It's not what it once was. Currently if a regular Joe Blow walks into a showroom and has good savy, he can usually get within $200 or so of the GMS price. Usually but not always.

I have never seen a lease like SEBZX79 mentioned. Maybe he is talking about the company car program that 8th level salary and above take part in. They drive a car from the captive test fleet for 6 to 12 months, report back any issues and get issued another car.

GM also has at least two different plans. The Supplier discount which you mentioned, and the employee discount which is quite a bit more than the supplier discount. At one time they were called the GMS and the GME, but I'm not sure what they may be called now if anything different.

Employees could obtain the same discount for their immediate family such as spouses, children, and perhaps parents.

I work for a Huge dealer network and have access to employee pricing for all manufacturers that we sell. My Genesis is 217 a month first payment down. My daughter has a 50k c class for 300 a month 1500 down and I bought myou wife's car as she drives too much. My current Genesis is up in December and will be in a loaded new one for about 300 a month.

Originally Posted By: ls973800
Ford has several discount employee/supplier plans. The A and Z plan, the D plan, and the X plan.

An example of those plan prices on a 2015 Ford C-Max Energi which I purchased are:

MSRP 36910.00

X Plan 35015.56

D Plan 33633.08

A & Z 33533.08

Any incentives, rebates, and any other discounts are also subtracted from those prices. X plan is the least amount discounted, and can be obtained from a Ford employee or if the company you work for is listed as a "supplier" to Ford. I think there are over 1100 companies that are eligible. A and Z I believe are current employees, and D is retired employees?

There are also certain clubs such as the Mustang club which a paid membership will entitle you to an X plan PIN number to be used to purchase a new Ford vehicle.

http://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/

D-plan is for dealership employees

BMW offers very good employee deals once you've worked there a year which includes working at a dealer. Their employees can get a lease which is about $100 off the normal price. Even if the employee has horrible credit they have gone ahead and approved it. They even put flyers on employee windshields in the company parking lot if the car was another make.

Originally Posted By: ls973800
Originally Posted By: BobsArmory

GM also has at least two different plans. The Supplier discount which you mentioned, and the employee discount which is quite a bit more than the supplier discount. At one time they were called the GMS and the GME, but I'm not sure what they may be called now if anything different.

Employees could obtain the same discount for their immediate family such as spouses, children, and perhaps parents.

Yes there is a discount rate for friends of employees and suppliers as well. Many dealerships locally will even advertise that they can get you into a car very close to the employee price ($200 or so). They will even show employee price next to MSRP in the local paper.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SEBZX79
We lease them because we can lease a 50k plus vehicle for 300 a month. Why would you buy anything when you can get a new one every few years. A lot of manufacturers employees get 6 to 12 month leases but can get out earlier if you hit 8k miles.

Because payments suck rocks.

Ever since 2008 the "employee discount" just is not much of anything... Didn't even GM advertise "employee discounts" to the masses?

I got 500 off a new car using a employee discount. But it's really not that great of a deal, considering the offers for "everyone".

It is a shame, there just is not much of loyalty in the automotive industry supplier machine. You would think they would give better deals to people that have info of the next new thing(that has not been released to the press/public)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back