1000 miles in the new Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it! However, after driving one of these for a short period i had severe neck pain. Something is wrong with the headrests, they are angeled to far forward. After my experience I later read some reviews online and some people claim to have been hospitalized from neck pain while driving their Malibu. I laughed, but I agreed. I flipped them around and still didnt help, they are mounted weird go the seat.

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
The LTZ package on both the Malibu and Impala turns a nice car into a really nice car.

Maybe the LTZ package turns it into a nice car. I am driving a rental Malibu LS today, and this thing is really bare bones and cheap feeling, at least when it comes to interior design/materials. Maybe the LTZ versions are more nicely appointed inside, but this LS one feels like a penalty box, albeit a roomy one. The 2.5 NA engine seems underpowered as well. I think I actually prefer the Cruze as far as interior goes.

The stripped Malibu is lame, but then so is the Sonata, Passat, Optima and Camry. I'm trying to think what other stripped mid-sizers I have been in recently. Does the Galant count?

I had a midrange 200 I was happy with.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The LTZ package on both the Malibu and Impala turns a nice car into a really nice car.

Maybe the LTZ package turns it into a nice car. I am driving a rental Malibu LS today, and this thing is really bare bones and cheap feeling, at least when it comes to interior design/materials. Maybe the LTZ versions are more nicely appointed inside, but this LS one feels like a penalty box, albeit a roomy one. The 2.5 NA engine seems underpowered as well. I think I actually prefer the Cruze as far as interior goes.

The share body panels, that is about it.
They don't even have the same brakes or suspension.
The LS is lowest trim package you can get in a Malibu.

Nice car Mike, I just traded my 14 Malibu 1LT in. It was a decent car with great mileage, even thought the 2.5 was adequate. Wife and I just couldn't get past the cheap feeling interior and cabin noise on the road. Guess we should have tried the LTZ version.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Agreed. My aunt had a rental-spec Malibu when she visited last summer. Between it and my Cruze, I was glad to hop back into my Cruze. Slightly larger and nicer interior without all the extra bodywork.

The 2LT or LTZ trim on any Chevy is a decided upgrade from the LS or even the 1LT. Nicer materials, more sound deadening, and different suspension tuning.

Well we crossed 15,000 miles this past weekend. Nothing to report.
Nice road trip down the Oregon coast. Still like the car. No big complaints.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Well we crossed 15,000 miles this past weekend. Nothing to report.
Nice road trip down the Oregon coast. Still like the car. No big complaints.
Those are pretty nice cars. I like the body style of the 2016 much better, but still a nice car.

And 15k already, wow! She really packs on the miles. That's 36,000 miles a year.

No GPS unless you pay 20 dollars a month through On-Star.

I do not like where the manual shift button is.

I still think they could work on the shift points.

The forward collision alert is a sensitive beast. You can turn it off or dial it back if you so choose.

It is noisy with the sunroof open compare to other cars I have with a sunroof.

That is about it. This last trip I averaged right around 31 mpg in mixed driving. Really happy with the brakes and it goes around the corners pretty good for what it is.
Really happy with the 2.0 LTG turbo. It works really well in this car. The power outlet in the back of the car comes in handy for the kids.

22,000 miles nothing new to report. Car has been good. 4500 mile oil changes.
No issues. Still like the 2.0 turbo. Car has seemed to learn how my wife drives and the shifting is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back