Wife is livid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I think she'd rather sell it than never drive it.

I don't blame her in the least. There's not a lot of point in buying a vehicle one chooses never to drive. I have a buddy who's bad for buying things and never driving them. I tell him just to get a life size cardboard cut out of the vehicle in question and put it in his garage. It would make a lot more financial sense and look just as pretty.

This was a deliberate demonstration of disrespect toward your wife and you as her husband.
It was in no way accidental.
How you decide to deal with it is up to you, but having LEO buddies would be a big help.
Chico and the Man could end up with a bad beat-down in the course of an arrest and could be strongly encouraged to catch the next 'hound going well out of your area lest they catch a case.
Your wife's employer has no liability and will do nothing and pay nothing. If they just let these Latin dirtbags go, they may come back and do something worse.
In the information age, it wouldn't be too hard for them to locate your house.
I'd be very angry myself, but I'm not too sure what your best course of action would be.
OTOH, letting this go is an admission that you lack manhood and can be humiliated in the minds of the perps.
OTOH, things could easily escalate beyond a reasonable level unless you have some solid backup, like some LEO buddies.

Strike one , damaged the car by stupidity.
Strike two, calling your wife something nasty which i'm sure they did.
strike three, if they retaliate or doing something worse to her or the car.

probably going to get flamed here for saying this and not the politically correct thing to do but someone would be getting a late night visit and an attitude adjustment. And if i couldn't get the job done i'm sure i could find someone who would for the right $$$

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
This was a deliberate demonstration of disrespect toward your wife and you as her husband.
How you decide to deal with it is up to you, but having LEO buddies would be a big help.
Chico and the Man could end up with a bad beat-down in the course of an arrest and could be strongly encouraged to catch the next 'hound going well out of your area lest they catch a case.
Your wife's employer has no liability and will do nothing and pay nothing. If they just let these Latin dirtbags go, they may come back and do something worse.
I'd be very angry myself, but I'm not too sure what your best course of action would be.
OTOH, letting this go is an admission that you lack manhood and can be humiliated in the minds of the perps.
OTOH, things could easily escalate beyond a reasonable level unless you have some solid backup, like some LEO buddies.

Seek professional psychiatric help.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
That's the reason I don't take my Grand National anywhere it would have to be parked for any length of time unattended. I drive it around and back home in the garage.

I do drive mine. All my classics I drive as they should be. I just don't take them to questionable places where they are unattended for long periods. But even then, things can happen. I'm sorry for your losses and hope you all get it fixed good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak

I don't blame her in the least. There's not a lot of point in buying a vehicle one chooses never to drive. I have a buddy who's bad for buying things and never driving them. I tell him just to get a life size cardboard cut out of the vehicle in question and put it in his garage. It would make a lot more financial sense and look just as pretty.

I agree. You can enjoy these cars and still maintain them and have them looking like new. I know people who even use seat covers...I feel that I paid to sit in these seats and I'm not saving the car for the next guy. I'm enjoying it now. My cars are all in immaculate condition still. If you care for them they will stay in good condition so drive them and maintain them.

[

People try and help you and you come back with smart butt posts. You're a real mouth. And not much else.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
File police report.

Civil matter not their problem. Nothing criminal here.

You could try small claims but however if you win you still have to collect the money.

The money part make you livid however just fix and figure money latter.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
File police report.

Civil matter not their problem. Nothing criminal here.

You could try small claims but however if you win you still have to collect the money.

The money part make you livid however just fix and figure money latter.

Yep. That classic car should be stored in a garage and only driven on weekends.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I agree. You can enjoy these cars and still maintain them and have them looking like new. I know people who even use seat covers...I feel that I paid to sit in these seats and I'm not saving the car for the next guy. I'm enjoying it now. My cars are all in immaculate condition still. If you care for them they will stay in good condition so drive them and maintain them.

Bingo. My parents used to be bad for getting leather seats, then getting seat covers. I could never figure it out. They'd claim they didn't like leather, so why buy a vehicle with leather seats? It's not like they were buying a Bentley and had no choice.

There's nothing wrong with having a beater, but if my G37, or whatever else I might buy down the road, can't serve me all year, there's no point. I already dabble in snowmobiles and motorcycles, so I have enough seasonal equipment that I don't need a piece of seasonal equipment worth tens of thousands of dollars.

Actually, plenty of vehicles only offer leather, or offer cloth only in the lowest trim (which may or may not actually be available). Offhand, when I bought my Magnum, the only way top get the Hemi was with leather. I recall most Town Cars had it standard. I recall all "Denali" GMCs have it standard.

But on a happier note: her company is paying to fix the car. Turns out her manager is a car guy, and the street rod she has seen in the parking lot is his.

Great outcome but unusual IMO. Glad it worked out well for her.

But in my world the small damages that happen in normal parking lot interactions with the public are just part of ownership. I carefully park my two nice cars so as to avoid what I can, but when my wife's RAM got clobbered by a hitch from some jerk backing into it I just ponied up the dough and had it fixed.

The public is envious of nice rides and some of them are a bit vindictive...

But on a happier note: her company is paying to fix the car. Turns out her manager is a car guy, and the street rod she has seen in the parking lot is his.

Good deal! That was going to be my next question, if she had spoken with management of her company. I know we've had instances at work several times over the years where work being done at the plant damaged some vehicles. This was by people or equipment, flying debris or paint spatter. The company paid to make it right every time with no fuss.

One or two of the responses to this thread are just absurd and downright scary.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
[

People try and help you and you come back with smart butt posts. You're a real mouth. And not much else.

So, then...you AGREE with hiring leg-breakers? You should probably be locked up.

Actually, plenty of vehicles only offer leather, or offer cloth only in the lowest trim (which may or may not actually be available).

Yes, but when my parents were buying new vehicles, leather-only vehicles were exceedingly rare. I'm talking about GMC and Ford pickups, when vinyl and radio delete and crank windows were still common, much less leather as mandatory.
wink.gif

In any case, it's good that everything turned out.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Anyone you can recommend from your personal experience?
Seriously, these guys didn't just happen to be sitting on your wife's nice old car when they knew she'd see them by chance. They also didn't inflict this level of damage by chance.
This was deliberate and the situation has not come to its end, much as you might like to think that it has.
You clearly don't understand the cultural elements involved, but you'll learn with what is to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back