FL910S C&P, 4,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the filter off my 2010 2.5L Fusion. 4,000 miles with Motorcraft 5w-20. I changed the oil sooner than I normally would because of an up coming road trip. Overall looked great. I did notice this filter has louvers instead of holes in the tube.

IMG_1674%20Small_zpspnvujfc6.jpg

IMG_1680%20Small_zpstkylpnu8.jpg

IMG_1678%20Small_zpsm9rce7s8.jpg

IMG_1675%20Small_zpsumjhlsqh.jpg

IMG_1679%20Small_zpsit9wymrs.jpg

IMG_1677%20Small_zpsq5geuacr.jpg

It looks good. That filter held up fine, and could have gone a lot longer from the looks of it.

If I could be sure that every FL910S looked that good I'd use nothing else on my Escape and Focus but with the Purolator TEARING issues I can't be sure....

Originally Posted By: pbm
If I could be sure that every FL910S looked that good I'd use nothing else on my Escape and Focus but with the Purolator TEARING issues I can't be sure....

I use the 910 on my Focus and riding mower. The ones I have cut open have always looked very good. My Fusion takes the FL 2017 cartridge and it always looks good as well.

Looks great, including the louvered centertube. Guess you were hiding the sealing gasket from us. j/k Pretty typical in my observation of the FL910S application posted here. Thinking well maintained engine here, and this one could have gone longer if desired.

Thanks for c&p.

Hmm, Just noticed that the FL-910S filters that Arved cut open in his post had holes in the center tube. Mine had louvers. Odd..

Originally Posted By: cb4017
Hmm, Just noticed that the FL-910S filters that Arved cut open in his post had holes in the center tube. Mine had louvers. Odd..

Older FL 910 in his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back