clean cotton gauze Air filter w/ engine degreaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
as subject,

can i use engine degreaser to clean my cotton gauze air filter? i am using sakura racing air filter, it is the same with K&N filter...

i have a lot stock of engine degreaser so, i want to substitute with it and saving money by buying recharger (oil and cleaner)...

i already substitute the oil recharger with same oil that has spec ISO VG 22...i already check the msds and those contains main ingredients...

i need opinion, thx..

Originally Posted By: FastLane
I would just use dish soap myself.

aactually yes, i did the same too..

but i need to spend more time to wash the filter..you know maybe by using degreaser can solve the problem..

i need a few opinion, thats why i am asking..

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Long time ago, I cleaned my K&N with Fantastic 409, engine degreaser will also work.

Did a great job removing grime off cotton.

so the answer is okay using degreaser, right?

does the engine degreaser broke or maybe tear the cotton if i use that routinely?

Not an expert by any means but it seems to me that a degreaser would be fine since its basically a
petroleum product similar to kerosene and once the filter has been rinsed and dried you coat it with another petroleum product.

Back when I used a K&N I used Simple Green which will degrease about anything and in biodegradable. I expect Dawn dishwasher would do just fine also.

I've used dish soap and Simple Green. Engine degrees may work but seems harsh to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back