A trial run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a trial run at some of the buff and polish work that I'm going to have to eventually do on my daily driver Focus today. I knew the headlights needed work. Here I did the passenger's side and left the driver's side for comparison:

I also buffed, polished and waxed only the fender so far, you can't really tell any difference but I think at night under lights in the parking lot at work I'll be able to see that the swirl marks are gone:

This car is nearly as bad as a white car. I took it to the car wash the other day and I can't believe all the 'black stuff' that came out from under the door trim at the top of the door below the window. I need to hand-wash it good and get into the door jambs and around the trunk area, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have to give credit to the previous owner, though, as I've only had it since July 2015. I do think it looks pretty good for a 15+ year old car.

I didn't think that the light output difference would be as noticeable as it is but it really looks now, while driving at night, like I have only one headlight.

I need to do the other headlight and fog lights too. Then I need to figure out what I can coat them with to keep them nice. I've read about some UV clears.

Also thinking that going forward with the rest of the car I should clay bar it first as there are tons of little specks through the paint that come off if you scratch at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back