2013 Ford Edge Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Honda2003
Thanks for your info. I appreciate it. Why isn't there a recall since its such a problem?

Most are still in warranty. Some vehicles have an extended warranty coverage, that is why I suggested calling a dealer with your VIN and have them run an OASIS report.

Took it to dealer this morning. Only code was something needed reprogrammed to do with the air conditioning. Hasn't done anything in about the past 100 miles. I'm sure it reset the code. They said it was the throttle body they were sure. Getting new one installed in the morning.

Took it to dealer this morning. Only code was something needed reprogrammed to do with the air conditioning. Hasn't done anything in about the past 100 miles. I'm sure it reset the code. They said it was the throttle body they were sure. Getting new one installed in the morning.

Very cool. Are they covering it under any warranty?

No they said $100 for throttle body and around $35 to install.

Not bad at all. The price on the fly-by-wire throttle bodies have dropped a ton the past few years. The older ones with an actuator on one side and the TPS on the other are still expensive.

The cheapest one on Rockauto was $159 plus shipping and the other was $199. I guessed on the engine choice but plugged in all the other info.

$97.50 for a throttle body?
crazy2.gif

Those used to be like $600.

It's done it 3 or 4 times. But it hasn't done it in the last almost 200 miles. I'm sitting at the Ford place now getting it changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back