NAPA "GOLD" #1358, 10,080 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This NAPA "GOLD" filter was off my aunts 11' Nissan Altima. Doesn't look bad at all. I put in M1 EP 5w30 and this filter on last year near end of November also. Had 3 trips to Niagara Falls and one to Cincinnatti. Put some more M1 EP 5w30 and M1 filter and helped her file online for rebate.

Yes, it has Louvers so I hope crazyoildude doesn't have a stroke or worse
crazy2.gif
shocked2.gif
smirk.gif

2as47d.jpg

ak78ck.jpg

2vm6pol.jpg

2iw59c2.jpg

21euq7o.jpg

ea5vm9.jpg

21euq7o.jpg

2r2abs5.jpg

a0c67d.jpg
2eztxfm.jpg

Originally Posted By: car51
What gets me and dunno if anyone will pick up on is a "GOLD" with nitrile ADBV. Hmmm
Is that "per application" though? The WIX equivalent of a NAPA Gold for my 2015 PSD has a silicone ADBV. Solid filters--louvers not withstanding which are nothing to hang wring over anyway.

Gang: this is the filter I was given to use on the car and yes the other # will fit actually. The M1 filter I bought is correct for car btw(m1-108)

Yeah of course you are right about the size.... it's not your fault they stuck a very small filter on it. Strange because these cars used to run the 7317, M1-110, 57356 etc

My aunt knows the folks at Napa and j dunno if they didn't have other size; they gave her this one so I used it

Is "Assembled in USA" something new? Mine have always said Made in USA. There is a difference.

Louvers... OH No!!
Car 51 i saw this post and i thought i was going to go down...lol Wix filters were one of the best constructed filters for such a long time i knew it was only a matter of time since Mann & Hummel the makers of purolater took over to fix and redesign a great filter that was near perfect for around 75 years and build it like they do Purolater.. This is another filter i won't be using anymore...This is why i say filters change all the time and you have to be careful...lol
The chinese filters are looking really good these days.
I hope they don't start to sell wheels.. thats all we need is a reinvented wheel..Oh Boy..

Generally When something says Assembled in U.S.A. that usually means they put it together in the U.S.A. who knows where all the materials/parts come from.

That's a slippery way of putting things sometimes..

Those "made in China" filters like Parts Plus, etc are garbage and I dropped one today and it dented very easily. Hence, we use Parts Masters. I'll stick with my "louvers" Baldwin and FRAM ULTRA and tough guards

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: car51
What gets me and dunno if anyone will pick up on is a "GOLD" with nitrile ADBV. Hmmm

Is that "per application" though? The WIX equivalent of a NAPA Gold for my 2015 PSD has a silicone ADBV. Solid filters--louvers not withstanding which are nothing to hang wring over anyway.

crazyoildude may have heart attack seeing the louvers in his filters.

That is one tiny filter! I use the XG7317s on my brother's '02 Altima 2.5, those have to have at least 50% more media-although if the 1358 didn't catch a lot of junk, probably won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back