Purolator boss 2222 6,200 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sprite1741
Always something with Purolator. Did those cuts go all the way through?

Yes they did but never any noise starting.

They slowed down the flow with those louvers and that stopped some of their tearing issues... Its like they are engineered to have problems.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Always something with Purolator. Did those cuts go all the way through?
Yes they did but never any noise starting.
While that may be true, I would not waste money on a filter brand that has consistently shown to have QC issues. Be it tearing media, cut ADBVs, or pinched center tube openings. Purolator = POS. I only hope that M&H does not screw up WIX in the same way as the Purolator brand.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
.... I only hope that M&H does not screw up WIX in the same way as the Purolator brand.....

So true. One can only hope the Mann&Hummel raiders don't do to Wix what they've done to Puro US. And sadly another anecdote done completely under M&H's purview.

That said, if no start up rattle likely not a functional issue. But as noted, unacceptable QC/QA nonetheless. At this point I have a problem even calling it completely a QC issue so much as a design and/or execution flaw by M&H with the newer baseplate.

Thanks for pics.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
... I only hope that M&H does not screw up WIX in the same way as the Purolator brand.

Me too

By slits, do you mean the half circle cuts on the inner lip? Those look to be by design. Doesn't look like sloppy QC to me.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
^^^ I'm assuming you're just kidding.

Of course I am not kidding. Look at them. They're machine made. You're assuming they're a defect. I am not ready to make that assumption without any facts. What are your facts? Do you have any similar filters as a control group that don't exhibit cuts? Produce some, and then I'll be convinced.

I am amazed at the group-think and herd mentality of BITOG.

Last edited:
^^^Purolator must send their employees and fanboys over here. All the more reason to stop using Purolator completely.

^^^Purolator must send their employees and fanboys over here. All the more reason to stop using Purolator completely.

You just proved my point.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Originally Posted By: Tony10s
^^^ I'm assuming you're just kidding.

Of course I am not kidding. Look at them. They're machine made. You're assuming they're a defect. I am not ready to make that assumption without any facts. What are your facts? Do you have any similar filters as a control group that don't exhibit cuts? Produce some, and then I'll be convinced.

I am amazed at the group-think and herd mentality of BITOG.

Now why in the world would Purolator put cuts in the ADBV "by design"? The cuts are from very sharp edges on the holes in the base plate the the ADBV sits up against.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Now why in the world would Purolator put cuts in the ADBV "by design"? The cuts are from very sharp edges on the holes in the base plate the the ADBV sits up against.

That's obvious to 98% of BITOG. Burs on the holes most likely caused by poor quality control in the machining dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back