Fram Ultra paint peeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run

Here I have 2 Ultras made on the exact same date. A51682 Interesting how the labels are different and one of them has paint peeling near the base plate. Kinda hard to see in the picture thanks to my crummy camera. That's not going to scare me away. I will use the chipped paint unit. Anyone else have paint peeling on their Ultras?

I have few XG7317's for 2014 Honda Accord, I didn't pay attention to the filter cosmetic, as long as no dent on the filter I am okay.

I'd toss them personally, if the paint is peeling how can you feel comfortable with the overall construction?

I'd probably toss/turn at night, if I installed it on my vehicle.

Originally Posted By: mjk
I'd toss them personally, if the paint is peeling how can you feel comfortable with the overall construction?

Can't tell if sarcastic or just BITOG...
21.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ethan1

21.gif
crackmeup2.gif

LOL

I had some paint come off a FPS when tightened with a cap wrench.

Not enough to worry about in CA.

I would run them without a second thought. There is no way the paint being chipped would lead to rust induced failure.

Use them ... no way it's going to cause any problems unless you leave it on for 5 years and drive it all the time in the rust belt ... maybe.

Originally Posted By: Run
Here I have 2 Ultras made on the exact same date. A51682 Interesting how the labels are different ...

I find that strange. Maybe Fram updated the label on that day and you just happened to get one with the old label and one with the new label.

The label thing is strange...

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a knockoff.

You could probably buy a bunch of Wix, have an elaborate paint and label scheme, and you triple your money.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Originally Posted By: Ethan1

21.gif
crackmeup2.gif

LOL

Only on BITOG....

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Odd that same filter made on same day had two different labels..

Found it odd myself. I just wish I could take a picture of the date code to prove it. Darn thing is so hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back