Do I need an alignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car in sig, only 93k miles. Tires seem to be wearing on the outer edge of all four.

Not sure when this started or if it's with the front/ rear tires only as they've been rotated several times.

Car does NOT pull overly in either direction (wheel is straight). No strange noises or clunks from front end.

Any insight greatly appreciated
smile.gif

My local Les Schwab tire store do all my alignments, guys are sharp and don't give you bad news everytime the car goes on the rack, plus their alignments are spot on.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Most alignment shops will do FREE alignment checks and give you the printout.
smile.gif

Maybe it varies by car, but every time I asked a shop (multiple shops) to have alignment "checked" on my BMW, they said that in order to check it, they actually have to perform it, so nothing free.

If you can get it checked free go for it. Most modern cars only have a toe adjustment. You can do that yourself. I haven't been in an alignment shop since I can't remember. Always DIY. Newer cars have a nonadjustable negative camber for cornering improvements. That can lead to inside tire wear. Normal operation.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
If you can get it checked free go for it. Most modern cars only have a toe adjustment. You can do that yourself. I haven't been in an alignment shop since I can't remember. Always DIY. Newer cars have a nonadjustable negative camber for cornering improvements. That can lead to inside tire wear. Normal operation.

I am interested in this. Can you explain the toe adjustment a little? My van is a 2006 Caravan. Would this model only have toe adjustment? I am a diy kind of person and would have satisfaction doing it myself.

smile.gif

And they almost always show that you need an alignment...
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic
smile.gif

And they almost always show that you need an alignment...
cool.gif

Right! However, it is up to us to understand the spec and make a decision on whether or not to have an alignment performed. Meaning, is the alignment out enough to warrant the money spent. In the OP's case, an alignment(& suspension parts check) could be in order!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Car in sig? Tell the mistress to stop hitting curbs.

lol.gif

Actually it's the Focus. The BMW has no problems with corners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back