So was this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my second order came in today.

So I got 24 bottles for $25.48, so that is $1.06/bottle.

I have not used any on either of my vehicles yet (I still have a $3 bottle of Lubegard to use first), but I have used 3 bottles in family members vehicles.

I did see what appears to be a manufacturing date codes on them (YYDDMM). The first bottles I got have a 4/7/16 date, and the ones today are 7/14/16 date, so it should be good for a while.

and just FYI, there is a seller on Amazon that is selling the 12 pack for $73.95 shipped. That is $6.16 each, cheaper than Walmart, but not a screaming great deal.

Very nice! $7 a bottle here would be a screaming deal, much less what you paid.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Very nice! $7 a bottle here would be a screaming deal, much less what you paid.
wink.gif

I guess it is a good deal even @ $6.16. Walmart has it for $7.97. $10 @ O'Reilly, Advance Auto, NAPA, and Auto Zone have it for $12/bottle).
One thing with this too is that 1 bottle treats 35 gallons of gas, so many people can get 2 tanks worth from 1 bottle (or do the super concentrate as some do with 2 bottles of Techron).
I was planning on doing ½ bottle on my wifes car since she has a 14 gallon tank, but since I have so much, I am going to use 1 whole bottle every oil change. Also used a full bottle in my mom's Saturn Vue (16 gallon tank).

If you think about it, even at full Walmart price, this stuff is equal to the BOGO deals on the smaller bottles of Techron lately (I think they have been 2 for $8) if used ½ bottle per tank and will do just as good a job.

After seeing the price on AA, AZ and NAPA, I guess the $11.77 price I bought it under was supposed to be the price on 1 bottle, but was instead mislabeled for 12. Lucky me.
thumbsup2.gif

Hmm, maybe I will sell a few bottles on Craigslist for $5 each. Sell 5 and I make my money back and still have plenty for myself.

The only way you could have got a better deal is f you found the guy selling it and knocked him of the head with a baseball bat then rolled him.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I guess it is a good deal even @ $6.16. Walmart has it for $7.97. $10 @ O'Reilly, Advance Auto, NAPA, and Auto Zone have it for $12/bottle).
One thing with this too is that 1 bottle treats 35 gallons of gas, so many people can get 2 tanks worth from 1 bottle (or do the super concentrate as some do with 2 bottles of Techron).

The good Regane stuff usually runs $12 to $15 a bottle at Canadian Tire, and a bit cheaper at Walmart. CT will have a sale on occasion, but it's been months, now, since they had one. Walmart never seems to have a special on them, and not all locations even carry Regane.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The only way you could have got a better deal is f you found the guy selling it and knocked him of the head with a baseball bat then rolled him.

The other way is from a divorce sale. The ex-wife wants to revenge the cheater so she sold every for a penny.

That is a great deal but I don't understand the need for that stuff. Enlighten me. I have never had injector problems and the ones on my turbo car are 30 years old. Fuel has injector cleaners already in it. It must work and I can't see paying $5 or so extra for a fill up.

That's an incredible deal. I was looking at the exact same bottle just a few hours ago for $7.50 and ended up buying a bottle of Techron because it was only $5. Out of habit I run two tanks of gas with two separate kinds of fuel system cleaner every time I change the oil, generally Redline SL-1 and something else. So I'm using Techron and Redline this time. (Two separate tanks of gas, a different additive in each, in case that wasn't clear.) There's no specific reason for this, it's just what I've been doing for years.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
That is a great deal but I don't understand the need for that stuff. Enlighten me. I have never had injector problems and the ones on my turbo car are 30 years old. Fuel has injector cleaners already in it. It must work and I can't see paying $5 or so extra for a fill up.

I really don't believe they'll do much of anything to clean the injectors. If the injectors are dirty, you need to take them off and send them out to have them professionally cleaned.

The stuff might prevent them from becoming dirty. While you've never had an injector problem, you might not believe the difference when you put in new injectors, or put the old injectors back in once they've been cleaned. In an old, 150k-200k+ mile car, it's night and day.

I generally use these additives to clean the valves and combustion chamber, which the ones heavy in PEA actually seem to be effective for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back