Wife is livid

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife came in yesterday to find two of the warehouse workers taking a smoke break. Sitting on the front of her Grand National. Cracked (fibreglass) hood corner, a half dozen small scratches in the bumper, and a gouge (down to metal) on one fender from a metal rivet on the idiot's jeans. She went absolutely ballistic, and doubly so when the two jackasses acted like they didn't speak English. They do...but she just reamed them out in Spanish, anyway.

Car goes for an estimate Saturday, and I'm pretty sure there will be some REALLY unhappy people when they see it. (Paint is a high-$ pearl, six coats of color, three of clear, and [censored] near impossible to match properly.)

Is there a right way to handle this?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Is there a right way to handle this?

The right way is to get the Police involved and hand them the estimate and hope they pay, otherwise take them to court. Going forward working with them is going to be tough either way. The only other way to handle it and making working with them a little easier is eating it. There'd be a blizzard in h-ell before I ate it though.....

She has already informed her manager. I suspect the police will refuse to take the report.

I also suspect the 2 idiots are turnips.

Keep the pressure on.

This is at her workplace, right? If so, and they won't cover the cost, I wouldn't think twice about leaving and not giving advance notice (once suitable work was located).

Edit: I realize most workplaces have signs up disavowing any parking lot damages. I wouldn't care where the employees are on the totem pole, if I have to eat the cost of damage because of one, I'm job hunting.

Last edited:
If her workplace, I would get them involved. They may cover it. It was their workers who caused the damage. They have a responsibility to provide a safe work environment including parking lot.

People are idiots.
I have seen new car salespeople do the exact same thing and I make it a point to chastise them. Try that nonsense on any late model car and it will be ruined.

Drive beaters
frown.gif

You can't take fancy cars anywhere except to a roped off show somewhere, and I bet it'll still come back with scratches ...

This is a civil matter; the police likely won't get involved. Try though, perhaps something will come of it.

Are there security cameras in the area?

Originally Posted By: Donald
Does she work there, or was there shopping?

Works there. She drives a truck, the idiots are (were?) warehouse employees.

Originally Posted By: Donald
If her workplace, I would get them involved. They may cover it. It was their workers who caused the damage. They have a responsibility to provide a safe work environment including parking lot.

She is a little concerned about getting blacklisted if she pushes too hard.

Grand National! livid !!! would agree . What kind of idiot sit on hood of car?

Small claims court, although most states have a limit on how much you can file for. No lawyers, just her against them. If she wins the claim will be and stay against them even if they are reluctant to pay.

Originally Posted By: CT8
What kind of idiot sit on hood of car?

Probably the same type that would be dumb enough to retaliate if they're pressured over the matter. I'd probably let insurance cover it under the comprehensive rider.

File a vandalism report. If the police won't come out, go to the station. Those cowboys aren't going to want to pay you squat so plan on suing them and asked for a garnishment of wages. Don't be surprised if they skip the country(probably in the country illegally). Comprehensive coverage should cover this. Good luck.Hard getting this type to pay for anything or even take responsibility for the damage they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back