Makita Air Compressor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on advice I received here a few months back, I bought the Makita MAC700. Being a novice, I have been having some trouble.
At time of purchase, I bought the Makita 50 ft air hose 1/4 and a Campbell Hausfeld Tire Inflator 1/4.

At both ends of the hose, I have an air leak which indicates I may have the incorrect fittings installed.

Coming out of the Makita unit, I believe I have a brass female nipple which attaches to the air hose. There is an air leak here I think.
From the other end of the air hose, I have attached another brass female nipple which goes into a brass female coupler, then the tire inflator.
I am going crazy trying to address this leak. If the above is not clear, can someone list the pieces needed from quick coupler on the air compressor?

Thanks in advance
George

Nice choice with the compressor!

Just to confirm, the leak is at the quick disconnect and not at the threads?

I've found that there are a couple different types of quick connects and sometimes the "universal" ones don't seal quite right. You can often compare the fittings side by side to see if they're different.

I've ended up buying a set of Milton fittings and changed them all to match type and brand.

There is no such thing as a true universal, they are either industrial or automotive balloon type one will not fit the others connector.
There is the Milton V high flow which is basically a Euro 7.2, this is as close to "universal" as you can buy.Great fittings too.

I did not use teflon tape. WIll try to see if it works.
Ed, I believe the leak is at the disconnect on both sides.
They are definitely universal. I bought the AmPro tool accessory kit.

Maybe my first step is the teflon tape and then try the Milton fittings?

Try the teflon tape first, the AmPro tool accessory kit uses the common industrial fittings which is the same as on the compressor.
As you can see there is no universal air fitting as in one connector fitting every nipple or vice versa. The high flow fittings wont be of much if any benefit on that small unit, they are more for high CFM applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back