Question on Valvoline's new High mileage oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was wondering if using a HM oil like Valvoline's new one, can I cause issues with say injectors that use oil pressure to fire? Wondering if the additives that make seals softer again could effect the spool valves in the injectors? Wondering if they could essentially varnish on the spool valve and the bore at which it moves in within the injectors...

I don't think it will have any effect on the PSD injectors that you're thinking about.. I believe it meets the Ford spec? maybe not, thought I read somewhere that it did...

can you elaborate on this new high mileage oil of theres? is it a new formulation in the same high mileage bottle? or a completely new name? also is it for diesels only or for gassers as well?

genuinely curious as im not in the loop for new products and have been mentally broaching the subject of high mileage oil in my own vehicle.

What do the fleets of semi trucks run in their million mile engines? Marketing works well.

Originally Posted By: TexasTea
can you elaborate on this new high mileage oil of theres? is it a new formulation in the same high mileage bottle? or a completely new name? also is it for diesels only or for gassers as well?

This is the product they're referring to. I'm pretty sure it's currently exclusive to Walmart. Last time I checked, I couldn't find any PI info for it anywhere on Valvoline's US site. Just checked and 15w-40 is still not on the Maxlife PDF.

It exceeds SN, so it's fine for Gasoline engines as well.
hz2xmma.jpg

Just remember that SN for 40 weight oil allows much higher ZDDP than 30 weight & lower does, it would be likely to be hard on cat converters in an oil burner. Need some ATP-205, that's the only thing I've found to slow down a rear seal leak in a diesel engine-or, better yet, a NEW seal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back